Windows 10: I cant install or move games from my C drive to my D drive! Microsoft Store

Discus and support I cant install or move games from my C drive to my D drive! Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Every time i try to install or move games from the Microsoft store i just gives my diffrent errors like this one.It basically sais "We cant move Sea of... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by carlhansen5, Jun 12, 2021.

1. I cant install or move games from my C drive to my D drive! Microsoft Store

Every time i try to install or move games from the Microsoft store i just gives my diffrent errors like this one.It basically sais "We cant move Sea of ThievesThe action was not completet, try again later.The error is 0x80070005, If you need it" Please help me :-

:)

carlhansen5, Jun 12, 2021

2. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Installed game on D drive, MS Store tries to update to C drive.

So I have an issue where I downloaded a game on my D drive by using the "Change where new content is installed" in storage settings, it downloaded to the D drive without much issue. But now that I want to update the game, it keeps trying to
    reinstall the entire game instead of just downloading the update. I keep getting an error as it keeps trying to reinstall the entire thing, because it is trying to reinstall the newest version it on to my C drive, which doesn't have space.

Basically I can't get the MS Store to recognize that I already downloaded a game onto my D drive in order for it to update, instead of whenever I try to update the game it tries to reinstall it onto my C drive.

I tried resetting the MS store, changing where new content is installed back and forth, clearing caches etc, but whenever I open the MS store page of the game it just automatically begins to download into my C drive, and proceeds to fail.

Miaomelette, Jun 12, 2021
  4. I cant install or move games from my C drive to my D drive! Microsoft Store

Switching Game download and install from C to D drive

i recently bought sea of theives from the microsoft store and when it updated it came to my attention the game installed into the c drive not the d which is much bigger.. its telling me i have to clear up space but there is not the space to be cleared on
    c i need to know how to switch it so that it downloads and installs into the d drive... please helpp

chasegordon1, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

I cant install or move games from my C drive to my D drive! Microsoft Store

1. I cant install or move games from my C drive to my D drive! Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - cant install move

2. I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive: Hello.My C drive for my computer is puny compared to the D drive, I want to install Doom eternal, but can't because my c drive doesnt have the space to be on the c drive,. And I can't find where I can change the Install directory so i can Download it directly on my D drive....
  3. I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive: Hello.My C drive for my computer is puny compared to the D drive, I want to install Doom eternal, but can't because my c drive doesnt have the space to be on the c drive,. And I can't find where I can change the Install directory so i can Download it directly on my D drive....
  4. I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cant Install Microsoft Store games my other drives.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant Install Microsoft Store games my other drives.: I just got Microsoft Flight Simulator but when I click install and it asks me to select which drive I want to download it too it only shows my C: drive and not my D: drive I'm not sure what to do.[ATTACH]...
  6. How can i move games, documents etc. from my d drive to my c drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i move games, documents etc. from my d drive to my c drive?: I want to move my games, documents etc. from my d drive to my c drive. (D drive is an old hdd and c drive a new m.2 ssd) How can i move everything? submitted by /u/jaR0o0 [link] [comments]...
  7. Cant Move Games from C drive to other Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant Move Games from C drive to other Drive: Hey, so I downloaded Sea of Thives over the Night and now I wanna move it on my D drive cause I have more Space there. So I went into Settings > Apps > SoT and tried to move it. After a few Seconds into the Moving I get the Error "SoT cant be moved the Error Code is...
  8. What to move from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What to move from C drive to D drive: Hi, I have a laptop with a 118GB SSD C drive and a 920GB HDD D drive. I have only a few megabytes of space left on my C drive so I need to start moving things from my C drive to my D drive to free up space. However, I have no idea what I can move to the D drive. I already...
  9. Moving app from C: drive to D: drive

Moving app from C: drive to D: drive: How do I move an app to a different internal drive? I'm aware of the move tool in the apps and features settings but it is greyed out and unavailable with no explanation as to why. I'd rather move the application without uninstalling and reinstalling it as it is a large file...
  10. Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive

Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive: Because my C drive has limited space, Ive been trying to change all settings of storage to my D drive. However, whenever trying to install a new program, it tries to be downloaded on the C drive still as the program requires to be downloaded on the 'system drive'. I also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows store game install error on any driver but c