Windows 10: I can't Install software without CD

Discus and support I can't Install software without CD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to installing Oxford advanced learner's dictionary software but it don't run says you need to insert the original CD. What should I do to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PrabhatGoutam, Mar 4, 2020.

1. I can't Install software without CD

I'm trying to installing Oxford advanced learner's dictionary software but it don't run says you need to insert the original CD. What should I do to install this software without CD?I have copied the content of the CD into the harddisk as well as USB drive and try to install for me in both options but none of them worked.

:)

PrabhatGoutam, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Install CD RECORDER GP 50 - Windows 10

Hi Bernie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the model of the PC?

I suggest you to go through the Hardware Installation section in the
    Owner’s Manual
    to know to install the CD recorder. If the drive is not recognized by Windows after installing, try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Mar 4, 2020
  4. I can't Install software without CD

Unable to install dictonary from CD

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to install?

• Did you receive any error message?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Is the issue specific to a particular CD or are you able to read other files from other discs?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the particular application that you are trying to install is compatible with Windows 10.

You may also copy all of the content inside the CD to a folder and try to install it in compatibility mode.

Please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program.

2) Click on Properties.

3) Click on Compatibility tab.

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode (try different Operating systems) and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

Please do let us know whether you are able to install the application successfully after following the above steps. If you require further assistance, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

I can't Install software without CD

1. I can't Install software without CD - Similar Threads - can't Install software

2. Stop installing software without consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop installing software without consent: I turned my laptop on this morning to find it chugging and almost falling over. I am in the middle of a large render process and running close to my maximum disk space. After investigating why it was chugging along, I found Windows did an automatically installation of...
  3. I want to install MYOB software from a CD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to install MYOB software from a CD.: Windows 11 will not let me Win10 was fine. I am the administrator of the account and it still won't let me install. This should be easy! Win11 seems to make it impossible to install and only wants to help with Microsoft products. The idea of Windows is to allow you to use...
  4. I want to install MYOB software from a CD.

I want to install MYOB software from a CD.: Windows 11 will not let me Win10 was fine. I am the administrator of the account and it still won't let me install. This should be easy! Win11 seems to make it impossible to install and only wants to help with Microsoft products. The idea of Windows is to allow you to use...
  5. CD Burning software

CD Burning software: I have some software for burning CDs. I may have bought one or two and I may have downloaded free ones are got them with my burners. Shampoo took too long to start. Nero Burning rom won't let me change columns. And it goes on with others. I want a lot of flexibility with...
  6. I have a 32bit CD of AutoCAD software but I can't install it on my 64bit machine. What are...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a 32bit CD of AutoCAD software but I can't install it on my 64bit machine. What are...: I found my old college laptop and I would like to use it to run AutoCAD and that's it. It's durable enough to do that, but that's about it. It has Windows 10 64bit on it right now. I'd like to keep it offline. I tried installing CAD on it, but it's 32bit software. I tried to...
  7. Can't install software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't install software: I purchased Snagit 2019 and tried to download it to install. I got a message that says I can only install apps I get from the Store. How can I turn that off? I need to use this program for my business....
  8. Installing CD software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing CD software: I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 and would like to install my old Word 97 and PowerPoint 97 software. but I keep getting a Error message that won't let me install. How can I install?...
  9. Installing from cd/dvd software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing from cd/dvd software: I have a Surface Go and would like to install software from CD/DVD format. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-from-cddvd-software/518308be-9cd0-48ce-b02c-755c31c1a14f"
  10. CD ripping software -

CD ripping software -: Hi folks I haven't done this for AGES - who still uses Audio CD's these days !!! Somebody sent me a few Audio CD's which I ripped (to FLAC) with WINAMP - Pro version (still works on WIN 10 BTW) and tags the tracks via GRACENOTE. IMO for Classical music far better than...