Windows 10: I can't install W10 1809 in VirtualBox

Discus and support I can't install W10 1809 in VirtualBox in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I'm using VBox 5.2.26, and when I try to create a new VM using a recently downloaded 1809 ISO, I repeatedly get an error after the first few steps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by gregyurkon, Mar 5, 2019.

1. I can't install W10 1809 in VirtualBox

I'm using VBox 5.2.26, and when I try to create a new VM using a recently downloaded 1809 ISO, I repeatedly get an error after the first few steps. When I tried to clean install from the same ISO in a working VM, I got a series of "Something went wrong OOBE???? Try again/Skip this step" messages. I managed to create an account in the VM, but now there's a "Something went wrong OOBESETTINGS Try again" message with no "Skip this step" option. Clicking "Try again" just leads back to the same message. If I send a virtual Ctrl+Alt+Delete, I can log out, shut down or restart, but when I log in, I just get the same message. Is this likely to be a Windows problem or a VirtualBox problem?

:)

gregyurkon, Mar 5, 2019
  2. PuB_Evo Win User

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

I can't install W10 1809 in VirtualBox DirectX.jpg

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Harrier Win User
    W10 0n VirtualBox?

I downloaded VirtualBox as per the tutorial and installed it on my C drive.
    When I tried to do a new setup as per tutorial it only lists 32-bit versions to make a selection from. I have a 64-bit but it wasn't listed. Now I'm stumped.....

Harrier, Mar 5, 2019
  4. franhigg Win User

I can't install W10 1809 in VirtualBox

Windows Scan will not install on W10

I have W10, v. 1809 on my laptop, all up to date. My HP All-in-One is installed, and printing works fine. The scanner appears in the drop-down list under 'Manage your devices'. But I cannot scan. On a previous version of W10 you just typed 'scan' in the
    search box and a scan app appeared. Now there is nothing. In Windows Store there is the Windows Scan app. The info on this says it is for W8.1 (minimum requirement), but all I get when I try to install is an error message (code: 0x80072F8F). This happened
    yesterday and again today, after a restart.

So can someone help, please - how can I scan? All suggestions gratefully received, and thanks in advance.

franhigg, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

I can't install W10 1809 in VirtualBox

1. I can't install W10 1809 in VirtualBox - Similar Threads - can't install W10

2. I can't install windows 10 because of VirtualBox.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install windows 10 because of VirtualBox.: Hi everyone I'm having a problem while trying to install the windows 10 setup. I have read a few questions/discussions in this website about this problem but I still have no idea how do I get rid of the app,and I also know that there are some programs that may use VirtualBox...
  3. Can't install Update 20H2 Ghost VirtualBOX error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install Update 20H2 Ghost VirtualBOX error: [ATTACH] i got no virtualbox or any kind of emulator on my ssd... any help? submitted by /u/Assadsss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3qmoj/cant_install_update_20h2_ghost_virtualbox_error/
  4. Can't install feature update due to virtualbox

Can't install feature update due to virtualbox: I've been having this issue for a while now where I can't seem to update to version 20H2 as it keeps telling me that I need to uninstall "virtualbox" first. I've searched for this specific app in my laptop to uninstall it manually like it said to but I can't find it anywhere....
  5. Virtualbox Windows installing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtualbox Windows installing: [IMG] I wanna install windows 10 pro in VirtualBox but I can't because I get every time error code 0x80070570 and I'm using Dell G5 15 so I wanna how can I fix it...
  6. W10 1809 to 1903 update

W10 1809 to 1903 update: Lenovo ThinkCentre E73, I have updated from W10 1809 to 1903 and the PC has now gone really slow and having issues with admin rights, I have chkdsk'd and scannow'd' but no issues found. Tried an inplace update in case windows was corrupted and get the message some hardware on...
  7. SFC & DISM for fix Virtualbox problem on W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC & DISM for fix Virtualbox problem on W10: I arrive you from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93 redirected by https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=92535 I proceed follwing yor...
  8. W10 1809 laptops on network can't see others

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 1809 laptops on network can't see others: This is MS's worst cluster in my experience. much worse than screwing with networking in XP or Win95. Unbelieveable that in 2019, there is no easy way to network several laptops with a plain vanilla desktop. Infuriating. Why should I have to dick around with SMB's and other...
  9. W10 1809 is out.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 1809 is out.: Download Windows 10 121631
  10. W10 0n VirtualBox?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W10 0n VirtualBox?: I have been reading so much about W10 in various places ever since the 29th June roll-out and I'm still waiting for the notification to go ahead and get it. I have read articles from so many people about how many problem there are with it for them and how many have reverted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtualbox OOBESETTINGS

2. virtualbox and virtualized security features in windows 1809