Windows 10: I can't install W10. It says my disk is not valid.

Discus and support I can't install W10. It says my disk is not valid. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I never saw something like this. It says that there is someproblem with my disk, in all of the partitions. I can't remember the exact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kmint, Oct 10, 2014.

1. kmint Win User

I can't install W10. It says my disk is not valid.

Hi,

I never saw something like this. It says that there is someproblem with my disk, in all of the partitions.

I can't remember the exact message, but it was something with an acronym such as GTMP problem.

This laptop is one year old, runs 8.1 and have installed lots of times Windows or Linux in it.

The iso copy is fine, the problem has to be another.

Thanks.

:)

kmint, Oct 10, 2014

2. Help to create a bootable windows 10 disk on windows Xp

Hello

Here`s my story

I have a laptop (32-Bit) upgrade it to windows 10 it worked well till an error ocurred (00x00000001) and stop working

I got a Windows xp computer and want to create a bootable W10 disk i download the installation to W10 but i cant open the setup.exe

It says win32 not valid and cant do nothing more.

So how do i open this .exe file?

Or is there another way to download a bootable W10 disk?

What im trying to do: Download a Bootable W10 installation Dvd disk on a Wxp computer but cant open the Setup.exe file from the W10 installation.

Michael A. Navarro, Oct 10, 2014
  3. chewy1941 Win User
    excess validation

Absolutely no luck, ended up buying another w7 OEM home premium and installing it. At least that "activated", A lot of money and time for virtually nothing.

PS: Mon Aug 3rd, 2015 - still no W10 install.....

chewy1941, Oct 10, 2014
  4. genet Win User

Quote from this post: UEFI Boot Mode (installing using the GPT partition style) and Legacy BIOS Boot Mode (installing using the MBR partition style). -> link

genet, Oct 11, 2014
  5. kmint Win User
    That's it, exactly.

Thanks a lot.

kmint, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I can't install W10. It says my disk is not valid. - Similar Threads - can't install W10

2. The disk you specified is not valid. There is no disk selected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The disk you specified is not valid. There is no disk selected.: Trying to create bootable USB, but cprompt keeps saying: "The disk you specified is not valid. There is no disk selected." All USB ports are working, USB is brand new, partition manager says it's 100% ready. Re-formatted it from FAT32 to NTFS, just to see if that might help...
  3. The disk you specified is not valid. There is no disk selected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The disk you specified is not valid. There is no disk selected.: Trying to create bootable USB, but cprompt keeps saying: "The disk you specified is not valid. There is no disk selected." All USB ports are working, USB is brand new, partition manager says it's 100% ready. Re-formatted it from FAT32 to NTFS, just to see if that might help...
  4. The disk you specified is not valid. There is no disk selected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. not valid a disk partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not valid a disk partition: Anybody knows how to delete, format and extend this unallocated partition?I have tried to clean via cmd in start up repair but it can't delete it.If I open diskpart and list the partition, it's not showing a unallocated partition....
  6. Whenever i try to run mbr2gpt it says disk layout validation failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whenever i try to run mbr2gpt it says disk layout validation failed: Hi, I'm trying to get my drive from mbr to gpt so I can boot with UEFI, I didn't want to lose my data so I decided to use mbr2gpt, When i did and used the command "mbr2gpt /validate /disk:1 /allowFullOS" it gave me the error saying "Disk layout validation failed for disk 1",...
  7. Can't install W10 from flash disk

Can't install W10 from flash disk: Just d/l-ed W10 to a USB thumb drive via the MediaCreationTool2004.exe Comp Mgmt tells me it's FAT32 It looks like this: [img] When I power on the computer I am trying to install to, I see the thumb drive flash a few times. But I can't boot from it; I get: Reboot and...
  8. Missing Disk drive on new W10 installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Disk drive on new W10 installation: New PC, newly installed W10 (Version 1903, and installed by a professional, not by me) and two normal disks, an SSD with Windows on it and a standard hard disk, as well as a CD read/write drive. Only problem is that the hard disk cannot be accessed. For background, I have...
  9. Missing Disk drive on new W10 installation

Missing Disk drive on new W10 installation: New PC, newly installed W10 (Version 1903, and installed by a professional, not by me) and two normal disks, an SSD with Windows on it and a standard hard disk, as well as a CD read/write drive. Only problem is that the hard disk cannot be accessed. For background, I have...
  10. I can't install W10 1809 in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    I can't install W10 1809 in VirtualBox: I'm using VBox 5.2.26, and when I try to create a new VM using a recently downloaded 1809 ISO, I repeatedly get an error after the first few steps. When I tried to clean install from the same ISO in a working VM, I got a series of "Something went wrong OOBE???? Try again/Skip...