Windows 10: I can't install windows 10 64 bit

Discus and support I can't install windows 10 64 bit in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have installed windows 10 32 bit on a pc that can support 64 bit. Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-6700K CPU@4.00Hz 4.01Ghz; installed RAM 16.0 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AntoninoMatranga, Oct 13, 2018.

1. I can't install windows 10 64 bit

I have installed windows 10 32 bit on a pc that can support 64 bit. Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-6700K CPU@4.00Hz 4.01Ghz; installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 32 bit operating system, x64-based processor.

Well! I have too two hard drive and I will install on the second one windows 10 64 bit. I disconnect the hard drive with installed windows 32 bit and all other disk and I leave connected the hard disk and the DVD ram winth inserted the Windows 10 64 bit ror installation. I have downloaded the iso file from microsoft and burn on one dvd.

Now I restart the PC I choose the boot disk but the bios doesn't reghnize the hard disk.

Any help ?

Thanks

:)

AntoninoMatranga, Oct 13, 2018

2. Re-install Windows 10 64-bit

Yes, you can go back to 64 bit Windows 10 without purchasing.

• Switching to Windows 10 64 bit is free, you don't have to pay for it. As long as you have a qualifying Windows 7 or 8 or Windows 10 license, you are entitled to use it.
    • Switching requires that you perform a new installation, that means files, applications and settings will be deleted.
    • You will have to reinstall applications and native 64 bit drivers.
    • Backup before migrating: How
      to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 1: Download Windows 10 64 bit then create a bootable copy:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Boot from the 64 bit Windows 10 install media, then perform a custom or clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Windows installed 32-bit version of Windows 10, when it should be 64-bit

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How did you upgrade to Windows 10?
    • Have you checked under system info?
    I suggest you to go to control panel and system and under system info check which bit is installed.

As your Windows 7 is running on 32 bit, Windows 10 will be installed as 32 bit architecture if you install Windows 10 through Windows updates. If you want to install Windows 10 64 bit, I suggest you to check whether your system
    supports 32/64 bit architecture. If your computer supports 64 bit architecture, then i suggest you to refer the below link to install Windows 10 64 bit using the media creation tool.

Download Windows 10.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You can check the System information from your computer to check for the architecture of Windows supported by your computer.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below article for more information about Windows 10.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 13, 2018
  4. I can't install windows 10 64 bit

Installation of 64 bit windows on 32 bit ×64 based processor

Yes, you can.

you can switch directly to a 64 bit version of Windows 10 with or without a product key.

• Switching to Windows 10 64 bit is free, you don't have to pay for it. As long as you have a qualifying Windows 7 or 8 or Windows 10 license, you are entitled to use it.
    • Switching requires that you perform a new installation, that means files, applications and settings will be deleted.
    • You will have to reinstall applications and native 64 bit drivers.
    • Backup before migrating: How
      to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 1: Download Windows 10 64 bit then create a bootable copy:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Boot from the 64 bit Windows 10 install media, then perform a custom or clean install:

Resources: How
    to install and activate Windows 10 using your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key

Andre Da Costa, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

I can't install windows 10 64 bit

1. I can't install windows 10 64 bit - Similar Threads - can't install bit

2. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.: So, for some reason, I can't install the 64-bit version of windows 10. My pc meets the requirements hp compaq 6005 sff with ram upgraded to 4gb and storage upgraded to 500gb, I know, ancient and there is no problem with the USB stick I'm using. When I try to install it, it...
  3. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.: So, for some reason, I can't install the 64-bit version of windows 10. My pc meets the requirements hp compaq 6005 sff with ram upgraded to 4gb and storage upgraded to 500gb, I know, ancient and there is no problem with the USB stick I'm using. When I try to install it, it...
  4. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't install 32-bit Windows 10 onto 64-bit machine

Can't install 32-bit Windows 10 onto 64-bit machine: I have an Asus E410MA which came installed with 64-bit Windows 10 in S Mode. I took this out of S Mode, and am now running Windows 10 Home. Unfortunately, I have some programs which will not run on 64-bit Windows. I know that 32-bit programs are supposed to be able to run...
  6. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs: 64 bit versions of apps I want to install say something like "64bit windows is required" and "this version will not work on your computer. Please download the 32 bit version instead.". The messages are also blurry. [ATTACH][ATTACH] System Type: 64-bit operating system,...
  7. Installation of Windows 10 64 bit?

Installation of Windows 10 64 bit?: After investing a whole day to reinstall Windows 10 4 times, I still haven't managed to turn my 32 bit version into a 64 bit version. I know that I used to have a 64 bit version on this pc, but then I mistakenly made a 32 bit version when I reinstalled it. Now my question:...
  8. Installing 64 Bit Windows 10

Installing 64 Bit Windows 10: I built a PC and was trying to install Windows 10 64 bit, however it wouldn't let me. So I tried to put my USB in a another computer to test and it worked. I then tried 32 bit Windows 10 in my computer and it worked. I was wondering if this may be a driver issue. I installed...
  9. Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit: Error from VirtualBox: 32-bit Windows hosts are not supported by this VirtualBox release Same problem attempting to install VPN, Pulse Secure....
  10. Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs

Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs: I recently purchased a Surface Pro X and I am trying to install some programs but they are not allowing me to install due the program requiring a 64 bit Operating system. I have checked my System information and I am definitely running 64 bit windows "System type: 64-bit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install 64 bit windows 10

2. 64 bit winows cant be installed

3. cant run windows 10 setup

4. cant run windows 10 64bit install,
  5. cant install windows 64 bit,
  6. cant install windows 10 64 bit,
  7. cant install windows x64,
  8. cant run 64 bit windows install,
  9. cant install 64 bit windows,
  10. cant run 64 bit windows setup