Windows 10: I cant install windows 10 home using an installation key

Discus and support I cant install windows 10 home using an installation key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I trying to install windows 10 home using an installation key its an older computer the problem is i cant do anything it just open a bunch of commands... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Valentin Marian Chitic, Feb 1, 2023.

1. I cant install windows 10 home using an installation key

I trying to install windows 10 home using an installation key its an older computer the problem is i cant do anything it just open a bunch of commands saying start windows and when i click it almost restarts then im back where i started so i bought the installation key i put the key in turn on my pc and it just says ah_ i think its a command and when i try to type anything happens

:)

Valentin Marian Chitic, Feb 1, 2023

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 3, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 3, 2023
  4. ironwolf Win User

I cant install windows 10 home using an installation key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

I cant install windows 10 home using an installation key

1. I cant install windows 10 home using an installation key - Similar Threads - cant install home

2. I cant install windows 10 home using an installation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant install windows 10 home using an installation key: I trying to install windows 10 home using an installation key its an older computer the problem is i cant do anything it just open a bunch of commands saying start windows and when i click it almost restarts then im back where i started so i bought the installation key i put...
  3. I cant install windows 10 home using an installation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install windows 10 home using an installation key: I trying to install windows 10 home using an installation key its an older computer the problem is i cant do anything it just open a bunch of commands saying start windows and when i click it almost restarts then im back where i started so i bought the installation key i put...
  4. Windows 10 pro installed but i have key of windows home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro installed but i have key of windows home: Windows 10 pro installed but i have key of windows 10 home, how to download windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-installed-but-i-have-key-of-windows/a8f7c6e3-1205-4a4b-8b5c-713e2f20816a
  5. I installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home but then instead of buying a key for that, I...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home but then instead of buying a key for that, I...: What step by step process I need to follow to go from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro I only had the free unactivated version of Windows 10 Home and I accidentally bought Windows 10 Pro instead of activating Windows 10 Home....
  6. I have a Windows 10 home key I used to install Windows and now its pro and but activated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a Windows 10 home key I used to install Windows and now its pro and but activated: Edit: its not* activated since my upgrade I upgraded my motherboard and cpu and pretty much rebuilt my pc and this is the key I originally used to install windows on my pc but list the usb key which I'm assuming is how I got pro installed. If anybody could help me figure out...
  7. Key for installing Windows 10 Home 64-bit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Key for installing Windows 10 Home 64-bit?: I am trying to create a dual-boot system with my iMac. I need Windows in order to be employed part-time (for peanuts) because it is remote work and their platform requires Windows. I am not sure if I will even get the job. I am not sure I will like it if I get it. Is there a...
  8. I purchased Windows 10 home activation key - Need to Install

I purchased Windows 10 home activation key - Need to Install: I need to install windows 10 home on a tablet and have purchased a product key, where do I go to download the software from Microsoft to install on my tablet...
  9. BitLocker: Automatic installed and need key but I never installed it (Windows 10 Home)

in Windows 10 Customization
    BitLocker: Automatic installed and need key but I never installed it (Windows 10 Home): Hi All, My hard drive 1tb in my newly bought Dell G5 5590 (15.6-inch/Intel Core i7-8750H Processor/ 8GB DDR4/ 256GB M.2 SSD + 1TB 2.5" SATA / NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti/WIN 10 HOME SL) suddenly asking for 48bit digital key. After more than a week of use after purchase it suddenly...
  10. I cant install windows 10

I cant install windows 10: Hello Microsoft, so the Problem is.... I didn't use my laptop for like 2 years. And today I tried to use but it always gets to the automatic Repair screen. So I researched and downloaded the windows 10 into my USB stick (Boot or sth.). I decided on the upgrade version..?...