Windows 10: I can't install Windows from USB or CD/DVD

Discus and support I can't install Windows from USB or CD/DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever I put in USB or CD/DVD they don't show up in boot options... USB once showed and when I pressed on it, it said something like there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdiGosto, Jan 3, 2021.

1. AdiGosto Win User

I can't install Windows from USB or CD/DVD

Whenever I put in USB or CD/DVD they don't show up in boot options... USB once showed and when I pressed on it, it said something like there is no Windows installation on this hardware, but there is. I need help again*Sad

:)

AdiGosto, Jan 3, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 3, 2021
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Jan 3, 2021
  4. DarkEgo Win User

Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

1. I can't install Windows from USB or CD/DVD - Similar Threads - can't install USB

2. Can I change from use as usb to use as cd/dvd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change from use as usb to use as cd/dvd?: Hi, I inserted a cd into my laptop, and then it said "use as usb or use as cd", I clicked on use as usb thinking that I could only copy the contents of the disk if I chose as usb, but now I think I may have formated the cd, and was wondering what to do. Are the files deleted?...
  3. Can I change from use as usb to use as cd/dvd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change from use as usb to use as cd/dvd?: Hi, I inserted a cd into my laptop, and then it said "use as usb or use as cd", I clicked on use as usb thinking that I could only copy the contents of the disk if I chose as usb, but now I think I may have formated the cd, and was wondering what to do. Are the files deleted?...
  4. Can I change from use as usb to use as cd/dvd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't Boot From Windows 10 Install from USB/DVD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Boot From Windows 10 Install from USB/DVD: Hi all, I currently have the "Your PC needs to be repaired" error so I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 completely. I used Microsoft's bootable media to create both a bootable USB and DVD (I also tried using Rufus to format it) but both don't seem to boot properly. When I...
  6. can't play a cd/dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't play a cd/dvd: Why can't I play a cd or dvd. it's an instructional one for my sewing machine and I'm having a problem with it. It wants to go to Media player, but that doesn't work. I am so tired of Windows 10, everything is so friggin difficult....
  7. Can't read CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't read CD/DVD: Wanted to write some series of the Prison Break to a DVD-R 1x-16 4.7 GB/120min and i did it in my new PC. The disk is created for a laptop wich has a MATHSITA DVD-RAM UJ88D1 reader/writer. I have some other same type of disks with other series from the Prison Break and when I...
  8. CD/DVD can't be selected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CD/DVD can't be selected: My bios does not include CD/DVD booting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-cant-be-selected/8ed35187-4547-4b57-8cd2-0f5f047255af
  9. Installing from cd/dvd software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing from cd/dvd software: I have a Surface Go and would like to install software from CD/DVD format. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-from-cddvd-software/518308be-9cd0-48ce-b02c-755c31c1a14f"
  10. Can't boot from usb dvd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot from usb dvd: Hi Roomies @, I just upgrade to Win 10 PRO 1511 on my Lenovo laptop and burned a win 10 pro DVD. I would like to do a clean install but I'm not able to find my DVD drive on Bios or boot manager. Can someone please help me? Here are some images . [img] [img] [img]...