Windows 10: I can't install windows on my new pc using a USB drive i made bootable with my macbook and...

Discus and support I can't install windows on my new pc using a USB drive i made bootable with my macbook and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Before i start, i just want to say thanks to the people that respond to this question So recently i build my first pc ever, and now it is ready. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PieterCrauwels, Jan 18, 2020.

1. I can't install windows on my new pc using a USB drive i made bootable with my macbook and...

Before i start, i just want to say thanks to the people that respond to this question

So recently i build my first pc ever, and now it is ready.

So i looked up a lot of videos on how to install windows 10 on my MSI Tomahawk MAX motherboard and

they were pretty simple, until i realised the only extra laptop i have is a macbook. But there are a lot of videos with the same issue so there are solutions for that too. They vary

from 2014-2017 but none of the videos are from 2018 or 2019.

All of the videos use 2 programs: Disk Utility and Boot camp. The only problem i have is that my Boot Camp is different than theirs so i don't have the option to transfer my microsoft iso file to my usb. In DISK Utility every video uses a different format and different method to make the USB drive bootable. In the end i used a method that uses Terminal and this finally did something else to my PC than just saying: No boot system installed....

But this time my pc did 4 different things: Or it would just be blue, or it would say Recovery, your pc/device needs to be repaired.... missing winload.efi... error code 0xc0000225...., or it would give me a black screen with windows failed to start...steps to fix the problem, or it would just give me the No boot system installed.... NOTE: the second cause would only happen if i would insert my USB drive into my main USB port on the top of my NZXT H510, the black cause would only happen if i would insert the USB drive in the back of my case.

Now i am really bothered by this because my family is really angry at me that i didn't buy a prebuild pc and... you know the drill. I have tried everything, but is there ONE solution to this, maybe it would be something with disk utility or i don't know,

thanks for the reply!

:)

PieterCrauwels, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jan 18, 2020
  3. third sata drive not bootable ?

Exactly. On the where do you want to install Windows screen, it has the list of all 3 drives, but when I choose the new drive is when it says it cannot install because the drive is not a bootable drive. If I select one of the other drives with XP installed it doesn't give that message.

jeepdriver, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Chewy Win User

I can't install windows on my new pc using a USB drive i made bootable with my macbook and...

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

I can't install windows on my new pc using a USB drive i made bootable with my macbook and...

1. I can't install windows on my new pc using a USB drive i made bootable with my macbook and... - Similar Threads - can't install using

2. how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...: i have recently installed a stripped-down version of windows 11 as i transitioned to windows 11, but one thing has not transferred: my digital license of windows that came with the purchase of my desktop. it is now saying that i do not have a valid license key and is denying...
  3. How can I create a Windows 10 bootable usb on Macbook?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I create a Windows 10 bootable usb on Macbook?: I need to create a windows 10 bootable usb on my macbook and I was wondering if anyone could provide some detailed instructions on how to do this? I've tried a few methods but I keep running into errors. Any help would be appreciated, thank you! I know bootcamp exists but I...
  4. How can I create a Windows 10 bootable usb on Macbook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create a Windows 10 bootable usb on Macbook?: I need to create a windows 10 bootable usb on my macbook and I was wondering if anyone could provide some detailed instructions on how to do this? I've tried a few methods but I keep running into errors. Any help would be appreciated, thank you! I know bootcamp exists but I...
  5. How can I create a Windows 10 bootable usb on Macbook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can I use the empty space on my bootable USB drives for storage?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I use the empty space on my bootable USB drives for storage?: Hi Long story. But I suddenly find myself urgently needing some disk storage but without the chance to get hold of new hardware. I have several USB flash (SSD) drives which are either emergency/bootable disks for 1) Windows 10 disc image / create installation media or2)...
  7. Installing Win10 from a Bootable USB Made on a Mac

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 from a Bootable USB Made on a Mac: Hello! I’m a pretty tech savvy person, which is why I decided to take on this task. I’m primarily a Mac user (I’m a graphic designer) but can work cross-platform (my day job keeps me on a machine running Win7 and I use a VM on that computer for a system running what looks...
  8. I made my computer un bootable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I made my computer un bootable: So a few weeks back I purchased some memory and upgraded my PC to 196GB of RAM. The bios recognized the memory but windows only saw 120GB. I tried moving the DDR3 around rebooting. I eventually came to a thread that doomed me. So the thread basically had me go into msconfig...
  9. Bootable Windows 10 USB won’t install to my new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootable Windows 10 USB won’t install to my new PC?: I'm running an ASrock b450m pro4 motherboard on my first PC build (first pc owned as well). I downloaded the windows media creation tool and plugged it in but when I pressed install now, I got an error message saying I don't have the necessary driver to install windows 10?...
  10. I can't find my USB Drive on MY PC. I'm using Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't find my USB Drive on MY PC. I'm using Win 10: I'm trying to save some files to a USB Flash Drive (Cruzer GLide) so I can install them onto my new HP PC, but it's not showing up in My PC. Could someone help me out? Thanks!...