Windows 10: I can't install windows on my ssd

Discus and support I can't install windows on my ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i bought a new laptop which came with hdd+ssd storage. I wanted to install windows on the ssd to have faster boot times and etc. However, it didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nuninsky, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Nuninsky Win User

I can't install windows on my ssd

So i bought a new laptop which came with hdd+ssd storage. I wanted to install windows on the ssd to have faster boot times and etc. However, it didn't let me install the os on that disk. Later I found out that the disk must be in gpt to install the os there but it doesn't let me convert my ssd do gpt format so I need help.

Ps: I used the comand prompt to clean and convert the disk and it didn't work

:)

Nuninsky, Dec 8, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 8, 2019
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool I can't install windows on my ssd :cool:

jmcslob, Dec 8, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't install windows on my ssd - Similar Threads - can't install ssd

2. i wanna install my windows on new ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i wanna install my windows on new ssd: i wanna install ssd on my laptop, i would like to put my windows in it, how do i do that, i dont have windows's disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wanna-install-my-windows-on-new-ssd/9a3a3612-6d3b-4a6f-a2a2-c1a8c352a712
  3. Can't install Windows 10 on my SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install Windows 10 on my SSD: I have an Acer Nitro 5 with a Gigabyte 512gb ssd and a WD 1TB hhd. Recently after installing Ubuntu on my hdd (because i didn't want to change the sata mode), I also wanted a clean Windows install. So I created a boot usb from media creation tool and go forward with it. It...
  4. Can't boot from SSD with my Windows install without secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot from SSD with my Windows install without secondary HDD: My PC is a real mix of old and new parts and I currently have a problem where my 2TB mechanical HDD is failing. It is 100% active all the time, but frequently hangs or simply takes forever to browse or transfer any files, so I'm pretty sure it is on the way out. When I remove...
  5. Can't install windows 10 on my SSD samsung evo 860 - 250GB

Can't install windows 10 on my SSD samsung evo 860 - 250GB: Hello, I have the same problem - I can't install windows 10 on my SSD (samsung 860 evo 250GB). I've tried so many things now to get it working, but after use the media creation tool (which works fine) - when it restarts it either goes directly to my BIOS or blue screen with...
  6. Can't install Windows on a new SSD

Can't install Windows on a new SSD: Got a new Samsung 860 SSD. I've downloaded the windows media creation tool onto a USB. When I plug it in to my laptop and begin the process of installing Windows, it just freezes on 0% when 'copying windows files'. Is there anything I could do to fix this?...
  7. Can't do clean install on SSD

Can't do clean install on SSD: I keep getting "We couldn't create a partition or find and existing one". i already made a partition with Diskpart and verified it exists. I disconnected the other hard drives and still get the error. Is there something I have to change in the BIOS? 128599
  8. Can't install Windows 10 on SSD

Can't install Windows 10 on SSD: Hello everyone! Just want to say in advance a big thank you for any advice you could give me :) So, I have an HP EliteBook Folio G2, i7, and I would like to install a SSD in legacy mode because the other modes doesn't work. I have done this n-times and I have succeeded...
  9. Windows installed on my HDD instead of my SSD?

Windows installed on my HDD instead of my SSD?: Just downloaded Windows 10 and noticed both my "windows" folder and "old windows" folder are located in my HDD. How can I transfer windows 10 to my SSD? Windows 8 was originally on my SSD, I don't understand why it installed on my HDD. I'm not really a tech wiz but...
  10. Can i install windows 10 on my new SSD?

Can i install windows 10 on my new SSD?: Hello I just bought a new SSD and obviously i would prefer to install Win10 on that instead of my HDD. My question is this: "will i be able to install Win10 on this since my new SSD obviously don't have Win 7 on it." This might be a stupid question but i hope...