Windows 10: I can't install Windows10 on freedos

Discus and support I can't install Windows10 on freedos in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just bought a new hp pc, freedos, thinking I would eventually be able to install Windows10. I created the usb but once starting the process, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ansprando, Mar 29, 2020.

1. I can't install Windows10 on freedos

I just bought a new hp pc, freedos, thinking I would eventually be able to install Windows10. I created the usb but once starting the process, after selecting the language a problem occurs saying that I need to install some drivers (apparently it's the page where you should select the disk you want to install the system upon). I tried different "fix" found on the internet: 1) Changing the usb port (if it's a USB 3.0 the pc can't read it), I tried all of them and the same problem occurs. 2) Trying to select the correct .inf file from the Intel syte to let the computer read the disk. I tried all of them, the ones marked as compatible and the ones that were not but still nothing ended up installing. 3) Changing in the terminal the disk to dmr/gtp.

I found these fixes on the internet but nothing ended up working. I also thought about a problem with the hardware but I successfully installed Ubuntu, so I think it's a software problem.

Can you suggest any other fix? It would be totally appreciated.

For a reference, this is the error https://images.app.goo.gl/J8Cg4nY44W6HRUpk9

Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/Ansprando
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ansprando, Mar 29, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

I can't install Windows10 on freedos

No video after installing Windows10

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • In the left pane click on View all
    • Select Video Playback.
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapter’.
    • Locate the display driver.
    • Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Arul_D, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

I can't install Windows10 on freedos

1. I can't install Windows10 on freedos - Similar Threads - can't install Windows10

2. i can't install windows10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't install windows10 22H2: why can't i install windows10 version 22h2 ? it only installed 61 % and it stopped to continue? please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-windows10-22h2/4273c67f-8ae8-4aa4-8586-8c20aaa2960c
  3. i can't install windows10 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't install windows10 22H2: why can't i install windows10 version 22h2 ? it only installed 61 % and it stopped to continue? please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-windows10-22h2/4273c67f-8ae8-4aa4-8586-8c20aaa2960c
  4. i can't install windows10 22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install over FreeDOS

Install over FreeDOS: HiWe have purchased a Lenovo laptop with only FreeDOS installed.I have purchased a product key from the Microsoft store, but need to understand the process for installing Windows 10 over FreeDOS.The disk is partitioned 997MB and 273GB.ThanksQ...
  6. Transferring an existing Win10 to a FreeDOS pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring an existing Win10 to a FreeDOS pc: Hello, I recently bought a new FreeDOS pc and I want to transfer my license from my current pc to my new one. My current one had win7 and I upgraded it a few years ago to win10. I couldnt find any license key or something like that so I was wondering how I can transfer this...
  7. Installing windiws 10 from azure to freedos lenovo

Installing windiws 10 from azure to freedos lenovo: Hi, I am trying to install windows 10 to my computer that has freedos. I would like to know which files do i have to download from azure. I tried by dowloading windows 10 consumer edition version 1903 dvd, but when i installed it I couldnt even connect my laptop to wifi....
  8. .Minecraft for windows10 [Mod translation-I installed Minecraft for windows10 but can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Minecraft for windows10 [Mod translation-I installed Minecraft for windows10 but can't...: 2032624169986311813 5 MoAppCrash 0 Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.14.105.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe praid:App 1.14.1.5 5df99aae Minecraft.Windows.exe 1.14.1.5 5df99aae c0000005 0000000001947cb3 \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER41AD.tmp.dmp...
  9. FreeDOS Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    FreeDOS Error: Hello all. When i open pc coming freeDOS. I have installed windows. And in last open i accidentally change OS letter to E. Thats can be Error? I created Kali Linux USb and entered in live mode all files here thats mean hard drive is working. How can i fix it. Thanks...
  10. How can i properly install WIndows 10 on a Freedos Laptop.?

How can i properly install WIndows 10 on a Freedos Laptop.?: I recently got an HP G5 255, 4gb Ram and 500 Gb. It came with FREEDOS os and i have tried several methods to install the MICROSOFT 10 software but nothing seems to work. I got an ISO image burnt trough both DVD and USB Flash drive, im doing it from an OS X software so i...