Windows 10: I can't install Xbox app or the game bar but I can other apps. Error code: 0x80073D05

Discus and support I can't install Xbox app or the game bar but I can other apps. Error code: 0x80073D05 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have tried WSReset.exe, I have tried to reset the store, repair it, reinstalled it, I have tried everything that the windows support said to do. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by iWOLF Cobra14 x, Aug 16, 2022.

1. I can't install Xbox app or the game bar but I can other apps. Error code: 0x80073D05

I have tried WSReset.exe, I have tried to reset the store, repair it, reinstalled it, I have tried everything that the windows support said to do. I still cant find a solution to it.Backstory:I was having issues connecting to a party but it wasn't working I tried most of those repair solutions but nothing seemed to work. So I uninstalled the app and haven't been able to reinstall it since.

:)

iWOLF Cobra14 x, Aug 16, 2022
  2. zach44112 Win User

Xbox Game Bar not working and Xbox App cannot be installed/Windows Store not working.

I wanted to open the Xbox Game Bar. This caused the Xbox Game Bar process to open in task manager but nothing happened.

I attempted to re-install the Xbox App to see if this would fix the issue. Upon trying to reinstall the app via the Windows Store, I received "There has been an error" with error code "0x80073D05". So, as of now I can't open the Game Bar, nor can I access any games I own via the Xbox App. Or install some apps via the Store.

A few things that I've noticed that might be of use:

1. The issue seems to lie with my account getting access to certain files. When I tried to manually open the Xbox game bar app as a test I receive the error "Windows cannot access the specified device, file, or path. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item". Note I'm the administrator on my account.

2. The owner of my C drive was (as of a few minutes ago) a long string beginning with "S-1-5-21-" (I saw another post where the remainder was replaced with asterisks, so I'll take a similar precaution). The only account on this computer is mine. I made my account the owner but this didn't resolve any of the aforementioned issues.

I'd appreciate any advice as this has exceeded what I think I can find just by googling

zach44112, Aug 16, 2022
  3. ivanabq Win User
    Unable to install apps from Windows Store

I tried the suggested steps. No change.

ivanabq, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Sickle245 Win User

I can't install Xbox app or the game bar but I can other apps. Error code: 0x80073D05

how can i redownload xbox game bar

hi, i have just tried to reset xbox game bar using app and features in settings and when ever i try to download it, it comes up with the error code 0x80073D05 and have tried to contact xbox support and anything they do wouldnt work so if anyone from the microsoft side could help me fix it

Sickle245, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

I can't install Xbox app or the game bar but I can other apps. Error code: 0x80073D05

1. I can't install Xbox app or the game bar but I can other apps. Error code: 0x80073D05 - Similar Threads - can't install Xbox

2. Can't install Xbox App from Microsoft Store - 0x80073D05 and 0x80073CF6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Xbox App from Microsoft Store - 0x80073D05 and 0x80073CF6: In the course of trying to fix an issue with downloading a game in the Xbox App Xbox App not detecting Ubisoft Connect, I tried uninstalling the Xbox App. Unfortunately, I can no longer re-install the app from the Microsoft Store, as I keep getting errors. Each time I attempt...
  3. Can't install Xbox App from Microsoft Store - 0x80073D05 and 0x80073CF6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Xbox App from Microsoft Store - 0x80073D05 and 0x80073CF6: In the course of trying to fix an issue with downloading a game in the Xbox App Xbox App not detecting Ubisoft Connect, I tried uninstalling the Xbox App. Unfortunately, I can no longer re-install the app from the Microsoft Store, as I keep getting errors. Each time I attempt...
  4. I can't install Xbox app or the game bar but I can other apps. Error code: 0x80073D05

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install Xbox app or the game bar but I can other apps. Error code: 0x80073D05: I have tried WSReset.exe, I have tried to reset the store, repair it, reinstalled it, I have tried everything that the windows support said to do. I still cant find a solution to it.Backstory:I was having issues connecting to a party but it wasn't working I tried most of...
  5. I can't install Xbox app or the game bar but I can other apps. Error code: 0x80073D05

I can't install Xbox app or the game bar but I can other apps. Error code: 0x80073D05: I have tried WSReset.exe, I have tried to reset the store, repair it, reinstalled it, I have tried everything that the windows support said to do. I still cant find a solution to it.Backstory:I was having issues connecting to a party but it wasn't working I tried most of...
  6. Can't install games on the xbox app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install games on the xbox app.: Everytime I start a download from the xbox app, a message from Microsoft Store appears, that it's downloading "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 UWP Desktop Runtime Package".And then my game won't download, sitting at 0 B/S.Problem is only present in the xbox app, internet works fine...
  7. Can't install games on the xbox app.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games on the xbox app.: Everytime I start a download from the xbox app, a message from Microsoft Store appears, that it's downloading "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 UWP Desktop Runtime Package".And then my game won't download, sitting at 0 B/S.Problem is only present in the xbox app, internet works fine...
  8. Error when installing Xbox app and the GameBar app from Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80073D05

Error when installing Xbox app and the GameBar app from Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80073D05: When I attempt to install the xbox app or game bar app from the microsoft store it downloads the app but is unable to install it, when i click details it gives me the error Code: 0x80073D0. I've tried running wsreset.exe and resetting the app plus signing out and all this...
  9. Can't log in to game bar or xbox app

Can't log in to game bar or xbox app: Hi, Both the xbox app and gamebar wont let me sign in. When I click the sign in button on either app nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, tried the troubleshoot feature, and repair, but nothing seems to work. Not sure if it could be related but I factory...
  10. Microsoft Store app not reinstalling--error code 0x80073D05

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store app not reinstalling--error code 0x80073D05: I uninstalled the Office app from the Microsoft store and am trying to reinstall it. It downloads all the way, but it only installs to 90% before encountering error code 0x80073D05. I've restarted my computer, reset the Store, and reset the cache with wsreset.exe. I've...