Windows 10: I can't install XP home edition from win7 , which product key should I use

Discus and support I can't install XP home edition from win7 , which product key should I use in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; *** Email address is removed for privacy ***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thuso Mokgatle, Nov 28, 2023.

1. I can't install XP home edition from win7 , which product key should I use

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Thuso Mokgatle, Nov 28, 2023
  2. JS_UoG Win User

Win7 Product Key problems

Corrupted files on my system disc meant I had to re-install Win7.

I have used the product key originally sent to me when I downloaded Win7 (I also bought physical media) but it now says "invalid product key". Download and licence was purchase via Digital River.

Suggestions?

JS_UoG, Nov 28, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

I can't install XP home edition from win7 , which product key should I use

Can't install XP Mode in Win7

I'm using Win7 Ultimate, so that shouldn't be an issue. Besides, i'm sure i'd get an error message if i wasn't allowed to install it on my edition.

It installs fine but i don't get any shortcuts and no wizard ever starts after installation (like i'm reading in tutorials on net and in MS help files which are even weirder).

I'm just following these steps:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

But i'm not getting the desired effect. I just don't get it.

Tenforo, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

I can't install XP home edition from win7 , which product key should I use

1. I can't install XP home edition from win7 , which product key should I use - Similar Threads - can't install home

2. Should I buy a product key for Home after downgrading from Pro to Home?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I buy a product key for Home after downgrading from Pro to Home?: I had a Windows 10 pro edition with no product key, after downgrading to home, i've decided to buy a product key. Should I buy product key home or pro?...
  3. Should I buy a product key for Home after downgrading from Pro to Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I buy a product key for Home after downgrading from Pro to Home?: I had a Windows 10 pro edition with no product key, after downgrading to home, i've decided to buy a product key. Should I buy product key home or pro?...
  4. Should I buy a product key for Home after downgrading from Pro to Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I can't install XP home edition from win7 , which product key should I use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install XP home edition from win7 , which product key should I use: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-xp-home-edition-from-win7-which/9d3d70b6-b65e-4201-83ee-2b29f93565e4
  6. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  7. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  8. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?: I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-not-in-use-laptop-with-win7-product/7176e101-a954-4b38-9d24-5c7a87b1d08d
  10. Which key should I use?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which key should I use?: Hi! I have Samsung laptop that came with preinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit). I have COA sticker on bottom of my device too. I use ProduKey to check my Windows 7 key but it doesn't match to my key on COA sticker. Furthermore I checked this key from ProduKey in...