Windows 10: I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.

Discus and support I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just got one problem here.In short: I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.In Long: I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ikmal Workspace, Jan 27, 2023.

1. I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.

Hi, I just got one problem here.In short: I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.In Long: I click on Start Menu, and then click on the Account icon, the "Lock" option is available. I click it. It did lock my computer. But after 1 or 2 seconds, my computer will automatically logged back in. I try to press Win+L, the same thing happen, it did lock my computer. But after 1 or 2 seconds, my computer will automatically logged back in.Oh ya, I don't set any password, PIN, or whatsoever. But it's not a problem, right? Because before this, every t

:)

Ikmal Workspace, Jan 27, 2023
  2. pepanee Win User

Random Auto-Locking of Computer Screen

Nobody suggested checking out Event Viewer?

When your computer randomly locks, search for, and open: Event Viewer

Under Windows Logs, Check out:
    • Application
    • Security, and
    • System

See if you can find something that states anything that could be related to your computer locking. The newest events are listed at the top of each section, so finding an event log would be pretty easy to find. Hopefully we can find what is causing the computer to lock.

pepanee, Jan 27, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    [Tip] Automatic Login to Windows and Instantly lock the computer.

Problem: You like to leave XYZ program running 24/7, but XYZ program only starts when you log into the computer(XYZ can be whatever program you want). So when automatic updates hit and auto-restart your computer, the XYZ program doesn't start back up. You could not put a password on your user account, so the computer automatically logs onto your user account when it reboots, but that is insecure, and if you have nosy roommates/children/super intelligent monkeys, if there is no password they might get on your computer and find your huge collection of por...legally obtained songs...
    I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in. Shifty_Eyes_Emoticon_by_Canaan1.gif

Solution: Set Windows to automatically log into a password protected user account, and then instantly lock the computer.*Rockout :rockout: Here's how:

• I'm going to assume you already have your user account password protected. If not, setup a password for your user account now...I'll wait...ok, moving on.
    • In the Run dialog type "control userpasswords2" without quotes. Then press OK.

I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in. autologin1.png
    • In the User Accounts window uncheck the box for "Users must enter a password to use this computer." Press OK.

I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in. autologin2.png
    • In the Automatically Log On window enter your username and password. Press OK.

I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in. autologin3.png
    • Open Notepad and type "rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkstation" without quotes.

I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in. autologin4.png
    • Save the text document as lock.bat. Make sure you change Save as type: from *.txt to *.*!

I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in. autologin5.png
    • Drag lock.bat into your Startup folder.

I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in. autologin6.png
    That is it. Now when the computer is rebooted it will automatically log in to your account, load any programs you want started, and lock the computer so a password is still required to use it.*Toast :toast:

A few notes:
    • If you change the password for your user account, it will break the auto login. You will have to go back into control userpasswords2 and re-enter your login information.
    • This should work with any recent version of Windows, I've tested it back to at least XP. You shouldn't be using anything older than that anyway.
    • I've tested this with Win7 and Vista Home Premium and up. It should work on Home Basic and Starter as well, and it should work on XP Home, but I haven't tested this personally. The lower versions of Windows might not have the Control Userpasswords2 ability.
    • This works with Server versions of Windows also.

newtekie1, Jan 27, 2023
  4. I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.

1. I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in. - Similar Threads - can't lock computer

2. How do I log into my locked computer as an admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into my locked computer as an admin?: I foundmy gf was snooping on my computer and somehow went into the Authenticator app on my iPhone and was able to lock it and even type a message that shows on the screen”touch this computer and I will blow up” well now my outer says administrator has locked computer have...
  3. How do I log into my locked computer as an admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I log into my locked computer as an admin?: I foundmy gf was snooping on my computer and somehow went into the Authenticator app on my iPhone and was able to lock it and even type a message that shows on the screen”touch this computer and I will blow up” well now my outer says administrator has locked computer have...
  4. I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.: Hi! So I thought I had lost my HP device and so in order to keep it safe I locked it remotely from my phone. I found my laptop fortunately but to my dismay I couldn’t figure out how to log back onto it. Every time I try to enter my pin the screen returns back a message saying...
  5. I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.: Hi! So I thought I had lost my HP device and so in order to keep it safe I locked it remotely from my phone. I found my laptop fortunately but to my dismay I couldn’t figure out how to log back onto it. Every time I try to enter my pin the screen returns back a message saying...
  6. I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.: Hi, I just got one problem here.In short: I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.In Long: I click on Start Menu, and then click on the Account icon, the "Lock" option is available. I click it. It did lock my computer. But...
  8. Why my computer is locking automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my computer is locking automatically: Hello everyone,I have a problem with my computer. It is locking when I unplug it from the socket even if the battery is full charged. It happens the 3 times I unplug it and it begins yesterday.When I press the power button on battery mode, it try to turn on but never more...
  9. My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts: Hello. I have a very frustrating issue that I need resolved. My keyboard locks every. single. time. my computer shuts down, restarts, and sleeps. By this I mean the keyboard clearly works, it lights up and the enter & esc keys work... but all the other keys are locked.This...
  10. I lock my computer, and I can't log back in.

in Windows 10 Support
    I lock my computer, and I can't log back in.: Hello all, I just installed a fresh new copy of Windows 10 onto my rig, and then upgraded to the Anniversary edition. After having locked my computer, going out and then coming home soon after, I went to log back on. Only for my lock-screen to slightly zoom in with my...