Windows 10: I can't log in any of the accounts on my laptop, no problems on pc

Discus and support I can't log in any of the accounts on my laptop, no problems on pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; TL;DR: I can't log in any of my accounts, I waited two hours as windows told me but nothing changed. Help? This morning when I tried to log in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HumanDrone, Mar 1, 2021.

1. I can't log in any of the accounts on my laptop, no problems on pc

TL;DR: I can't log in any of my accounts, I waited two hours as windows told me but nothing changed. Help?

This morning when I tried to log in my account with my password the system said something that roughly translates to: "this option of access has been disabled due to repeating failed attempts to access or repeated shutdowns" (I believe that's the English for turning off the computer, right?). "Use another option of access or keep the device on for at least two hours and try again."

There is zero possibility that the failed attempts are the problem, unless somebody sneaked into my house overnight only to do that lol. I don't sleep in the same room as my pc so I may have not noticed repeated shutdowns.

However, I tried with another account (the only other one), and it gave me the same problem. So I waited two hours, nothing changed. So I tried with my pc, and there I flawlessly logged in (it has a different password than my lap but I don't think that's the problem)

I googled the problem but most people propose in-windows solutions, like going to the start menu, that I can't access right now. I have only the "forgot pin" button, wifi options and the other stuff you have before logging in.

Last time I tried to log in I got a phone call from Brindisi (a place in southern Italy, I'm from central Italy) in that very moment but idk, that might be a coincidence. Answered, but the other part hanged up immediately

What should I do?

submitted by /u/HumanDrone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HumanDrone, Mar 1, 2021
  2. needsleep Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809.
    How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account?
    But when I'm done, I'd like to use my local account each time to log in.
    Please tell me how to do that.
    I am very new at Win 10, and need step by step instructions.

Thanks,

needsleep, Mar 1, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

I can't log in any of the accounts on my laptop, no problems on pc

Problems logging in to account

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with logging in to Microsoft Account. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the complete error message you get while logging in to Microsoft Account?

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Microsoft Account Settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to sign in to your Microsoft Account directly and check if you face any issues.

How do I sign in to my Microsoft account?

How to sign in to your Microsoft account

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help you to identify and fix some problems with the
    Microsoft Account.

You can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Note: Try the steps which you have not tried before.

To resolve the issue related to Microsoft Office 2016, I suggest you to post the query in Microsoft Office 2016 forums.

Results in Microsoft 365 and Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

I can't log in any of the accounts on my laptop, no problems on pc

1. I can't log in any of the accounts on my laptop, no problems on pc - Similar Threads - can't log accounts

2. Can't log in my pc account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in my pc account: Hi. So I did a reset for pc, and after that I get this message when I turn the pc on "profsvc service failed the sign in". The fact that this is windows reset and it gives me this error is very frustrating. I have already tried safe mode but the pc doesn't load up, it just...
  3. Can't log in my pc account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in my pc account: Hi. So I did a reset for pc, and after that I get this message when I turn the pc on "profsvc service failed the sign in". The fact that this is windows reset and it gives me this error is very frustrating. I have already tried safe mode but the pc doesn't load up, it just...
  4. Can't log in my pc account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I can't log in in my Microsoft account and can't access my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log in in my Microsoft account and can't access my laptop: Hello, recently I got a problem with my laptop Accer Nitro 5 and when it restarted I have no longer get to put my pasword. The only thing that is showing is that I need to log in in my microsoft account, but when I try to log in the only thing that shows up is a new window...
  6. I can't log in in my Microsoft account and can't access my laptop

I can't log in in my Microsoft account and can't access my laptop: Hello, recently I got a problem with my laptop Accer Nitro 5 and when it restarted I have no longer get to put my pasword. The only thing that is showing is that I need to log in in my microsoft account, but when I try to log in the only thing that shows up is a new window...
  7. I can't log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.: I start the process thru my gmail account, but then a verification code sent to my yahoo account doesn't arrive. Why can't I get it sent to my phone instead?...
  8. I can't log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.

I can't log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.: I start the process thru my gmail account, but then a verification code sent to my yahoo account doesn't arrive. Why can't I get it sent to my phone instead?...
  9. Can not log into any account on my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can not log into any account on my laptop: Hello, I have a hp elitebook 8470p that uses windows. I started my the laptop yesterday to find that whenever chose an account to log into, the password screen failed to show. It froze and brought me back to the startup background and i tried again and again until i got it to...
  10. Can't log into my PC account!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't log into my PC account!: I updated my edition of Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) to the Windows 10 Technical Preview. After using it for a few days, I was unable to log into my regular account (Which had all of my windows 7 files) because it wouldn't show up in the log in list. It told me to instead log...