Windows 10: I cant log in to my laptop

Discus and support I cant log in to my laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello all. Please kindly help me. I tried to log onto my laptop and I cant using the PIN. its says. 'something happened and your PIN isn't available'... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Shakirat OpeyemiAkinleye, May 22, 2020.

1. I cant log in to my laptop

Hello all.

Please kindly help me. I tried to log onto my laptop and I cant using the PIN. its says. 'something happened and your PIN isn't available' I tried singing in using the password, this is not working either.

:)

Shakirat OpeyemiAkinleye, May 22, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 22, 2020
  3. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, May 22, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

I cant log in to my laptop

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 22, 2020
Thema:

I cant log in to my laptop

1. I cant log in to my laptop - Similar Threads - cant log laptop

2. Cant log into my laptop please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant log into my laptop please help: My pin is not available and I cant reset without my password, my password is correct but it tells me it's wrong, I even tried to change the password on another device and no luck, all I have is BIOS, anything I can do? submitted by /u/PatrickTheSeal [link] [comments]...
  3. I cant start my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant start my laptop.: It is dark and dead. no life. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-start-my-laptop/a299ccfc-29ea-4a4c-815e-08f4dfe6e3f6
  4. I can't log into my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log into my laptop: I've always used a pin instead of a password to log into my laptop. About two days ago, after restarting the laptop, it asked for a password in order to log in. There are no options to switch to pin, no "I forgot my password" option, and no hints as to what the password may...
  5. I can't log on to my laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't log on to my laptop.: I have tried for almost a week to log in to my laptop but it wont give me any options on the screen. All that shows is the cursor and background. How do I fix this?...
  6. 1909 update I cant log in to my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1909 update I cant log in to my pc: Since the 2019 November update my acer has not allowed access to my computer at all and I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1909-update-i-cant-log-in-to-my-pc/990abceb-2c4e-4be0-b3dd-277a8438f4bd
  7. i cant reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cant reset my laptop: Recently i tried to reset my laptop but for some reason it doesn't let me, it said that I need a 5.91 GB of free disk space, so I tried a run disk cleanup but it still doesn't work. any help is appreciated and thank you....
  8. I cant log off my account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant log off my account: The thing is that i want to sell a computer im not using anymore, but every time i try to delete the device from the account, the microsoft page says that its deleted but the pc has still my account with my email in there. I tried restarting the pc but it stays there and it...
  9. RESET WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP AND NOW I CANT LOG IN

RESET WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP AND NOW I CANT LOG IN: So recently i resetted my windows 10 laptop and now I am stuck at the log in page as the laptop does not have any created account/users to log in. Apparently i have been googling about the issue and release there is quite a few cases of windows 10 prompting you to log in...
  10. Cant log-in to my computer

Cant log-in to my computer: I was using my computer earlier today just fine. I walked away for an hour or two and I noticed it was doing some updates. When it was done I went to log-in again and i entered my pin and it told me "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be...