Windows 10: I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account

Discus and support I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just bought the xbox game pass ultimate and I wanted to change the location of where the files are downloaded to. I tried to move around files it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bestb0iz, Jul 5, 2022.

1. bestb0iz Win User

I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account

I just bought the xbox game pass ultimate and I wanted to change the location of where the files are downloaded to. I tried to move around files it was instructions from an employee off of someone else's question and in the process of the fix, when I was moving files, it said my account didn't have permissions to. So I went and fixed it by changing my account and administrator account to device owner in the user settings. Then when my laptop restarted, instead of logging into my account, it logged into the administrator account. I tried right-clicking on the name on the start page, going t

:)

bestb0iz, Jul 5, 2022

2. Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Jul 5, 2022
  3. Tariqfoa Win User
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account

I have Windows 10 Pro since its release. Today, I decided to switch the email account for the computer administrator account. The following steps outline the sequence of events;

1. I logged in as a local account.
    2. Clicked on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
    3. Followed the steps prompted. I entered my email of choice and the corrected password, then verified through the authenticator app.
    4. I was asked to enter the password again, and now I am getting an error message that the password is incorrect
      but the password is correct 100%
    5. Researched possible solutions
      • Used the English (United States) keyboard
      • Used on-screen keyboard
      • Reverting to Windows 7 is not possible as I never had it on my laptop
      • Reset my password
        • Nth worked
    Please help me sign to my email account on this computer as an administrator

Tariqfoa, Jul 5, 2022
  4. angus Win User

I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 5, 2022
Thema:

1. I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account - Similar Threads - can't log account

2. "Blocked" my administrators account in Settings, accidentally - and can't log in to computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Blocked" my administrators account in Settings, accidentally - and can't log in to computer.: I opened up PC Settings and there were two accounts listed - a new account I had recently made for my underage son and another account with the name of my email - except the one with my email had the first letter in my email capitalized. I saw this and thought my son had made...
  3. "Blocked" my administrators account in Settings, accidentally - and can't log in to computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Blocked" my administrators account in Settings, accidentally - and can't log in to computer.: I opened up PC Settings and there were two accounts listed - a new account I had recently made for my underage son and another account with the name of my email - except the one with my email had the first letter in my email capitalized. I saw this and thought my son had made...
  4. "Blocked" my administrators account in Settings, accidentally - and can't log in to computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account: I just bought the xbox game pass ultimate and I wanted to change the location of where the files are downloaded to. I tried to move around files it was instructions from an employee off of someone else's question and in the process of the fix, when I was moving files, it said...
  6. I can't sign in my administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't sign in my administrator account: How do i sign in my administrator account i add a second account and try to sign in but it said user sevice failed and now i cant go to my administrator i really need help...
  7. i have accidentally changed my administrator account to standard account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i have accidentally changed my administrator account to standard account: respected sir , i have accidentally changed my administrator account to a standard account and now when i try to sign in and enter the password it says wrong password so i sign in by using 3 questions. i dont have the administrator account . what can i do plz help...
  8. Accidentally logged in with an child account on my administrator user, can't bypass screen time

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Accidentally logged in with an child account on my administrator user, can't bypass screen time: I was trying to install an app from the microsoft store, but i had to log in, so i logged in with an account that i had in mind, after loggng in, my computer got blocked, and i only have this user, now i cant access other users and the parental account on microsoft.com...
  9. Bsod and can't log into administrator account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod and can't log into administrator account: Hi, Our desktop running Windows 10 has started crashing with a Bsod. It does it immediately after logging into the administrator account and at some point after logging into a std user account. I want to run chkdsk because the event viewer shows bad blocks on the disk...
  10. Bsod and can't log into administrator account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod and can't log into administrator account: Hi, Our desktop running Windows 10 has started crashing with a Bsod. It does it immediately after logging into the administrator account and at some point after logging into a std user account. I want to run chkdsk because the event viewer shows bad blocks on the disk...