Windows 10: I can't log into my desktop even though my password is correct

Discus and support I can't log into my desktop even though my password is correct in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried entering Safe Mode and then restarting, didn't work. submitted by /u/rumbasalsa4 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rumbasalsa4, Feb 13, 2020.

1. I can't log into my desktop even though my password is correct

I tried entering Safe Mode and then restarting, didn't work.

submitted by /u/rumbasalsa4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rumbasalsa4, Feb 13, 2020

2. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Feb 13, 2020
  4. I can't log into my desktop even though my password is correct

Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

I can't log into my desktop even though my password is correct

1. I can't log into my desktop even though my password is correct - Similar Threads - can't log desktop

2. Can't log into Windows 10 even though password is correct

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into Windows 10 even though password is correct: Hello, I am writing this for my dad. Basically over the last few days he is unable to get onto his computer as he is unable to log into Windows 10 due to it saying the password is incorrect, even though it's not. He reset his password each day and made sure the correct one...
  3. Can't log into Windows 10 even though password is correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Windows 10 even though password is correct: Hello, I am writing this for my dad. Basically over the last few days he is unable to get onto his computer as he is unable to log into Windows 10 due to it saying the password is incorrect, even though it's not. He reset his password each day and made sure the correct one...
  4. Can't log into Windows 10 even though password is correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct: Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut downed my pc and went to shower. After I finished showering, I turn my pc back on, then it says I need to download something...
  6. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct: Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut downed my pc and went to shower. After I finished showering, I turn my pc back on, then it says I need to download something...
  7. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can't log into windows 10 user even though password is correct

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't log into windows 10 user even though password is correct: Never had a problem logging in. I log in many times every single day.I decided to make an additional user on my pc. The new user uses the same e-mail as my main user. I assign the new user the same password as the main user, because why not. Now I cannot log into my main...
  9. PC not accepting my Windows password even though correct.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC not accepting my Windows password even though correct.: How do I get around the issue of my PC not accepting my Windows password? The password works whenever I turn on my computer and sign in, or try to unlock the screen after locking it, or after it times out. But it doesn't work when I try to use it in the box that requires it...
  10. I can't log into my account with correct password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't log into my account with correct password: My laptop stopped starting and the recovery process began. I entered the password but the system asked me tolog into the account. Each time I enter my ms password, it says it is not correct.What is the workaround method?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant login into zoom on phone even though password is correct

2. cant log in even though password is correct- zoom