Windows 10: I can't log into my Windows 10 PC after update

Discus and support I can't log into my Windows 10 PC after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,My PC received an update yesterday. I was prompted for my Windows password when I booted the machine, but the password was not accepted. I used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndrewFrankton, Sep 15, 2021.

1. I can't log into my Windows 10 PC after update

Hi,My PC received an update yesterday. I was prompted for my Windows password when I booted the machine, but the password was not accepted. I used the Microsoft Authenticator App on my Android phone to reset the password. However, the new password will not unlock the PC. I have rebooted the PC many times and tried booting in Safe mode. Now I am stuck; I am prompted for a password when I boot the PC, but it does not accept the old or new passwords.Is there a fix for this?

:)

AndrewFrankton, Sep 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I can't log into my Windows 10 PC after update

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

I can't log into my Windows 10 PC after update

1. I can't log into my Windows 10 PC after update - Similar Threads - can't log update

2. I can't log-in to my PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log-in to my PC: When I try to login to my computer using my pin, it gives me a message saying, "Something went wrong and your pin isn't available status: 0xc000006d, substatus: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again." When I click to set it up PIN, it says "The User Profile Service service...
  3. I can't log-in to my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log-in to my PC: When I try to login to my computer using my pin, it gives me a message saying, "Something went wrong and your pin isn't available status: 0xc000006d, substatus: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again." When I click to set it up PIN, it says "The User Profile Service service...
  4. I can't log-in to my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't log in my pc

I can't log in my pc: It's saying that my acc in offline and that my code is incorrect but I know it's correct and now I'm stuck on select options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-in-my-pc/3fddcc5d-e3a6-4e95-8a34-46b59b2b8ca5
  6. Can't log into Windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't log into Windows 10 after update: I am having trouble logging into my windows 10 machine. I just ran updates on it last night and this morning after booting the machine all I get is a log in window with a sign in option that wants me to log into my Microsoft account which I do not use to log into this machine...
  7. I can't log in to Windows with my password after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't log in to Windows with my password after update: Hi I have a problem that whenever I try to log in to my Windows after the latest update it shows me to login with a pin only and the other sign in options button is not appearing so I can't login with a password and I forgot my pin too what to do in this problem and before...
  8. I can't log in to my pc

I can't log in to my pc: Recently i set a new pin to my laptop and then shutdown it. When I'm going to log in it next time it required a pin beside fingerprint. Though I'm giving my last updated pin it doesn’t work and showing an error with " something went wrong and your PIN isn’t available. Restart...
  9. Windows 10 Can't log in after Update

Windows 10 Can't log in after Update: So, this morning i was updating my Windows 10 Ver. 1803 into 1903. After the update was installed, i tried to log in but the system says my password was incorrect, i'm sure that the password was correct (Before updating, i clean install my Disk C system and log in into...
  10. After windows 10 update can't log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows 10 update can't log in: Hello! Starting of with my apology if my english writting is little bit wrong or some words are incorrect (i'm from europe). And my apology if this is wrong topic. I just got new PC and my computer did update. After that i can't log in and shows i don't have enthernet...