Windows 10: I can't log into old microsoft accounts because of forgotten Windows Hello Pin

Discus and support I can't log into old microsoft accounts because of forgotten Windows Hello Pin in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have Minecraft Bedrock edition on two other Microsoft accounts. I cannot log into either of these accounts because of old pins I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ashleiigh, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Ashleiigh Win User

I can't log into old microsoft accounts because of forgotten Windows Hello Pin

Hello,

I have Minecraft Bedrock edition on two other Microsoft accounts. I cannot log into either of these accounts because of old pins I do not remember and there is LITERALLY no way to reset them without being on an old device. Better yet, I reset one of the account's pins and I am still not able to sign-in. Is there any way I can remove these pins so I do not have to drop 30 dollars on another Minecraft account?

:)

Ashleiigh, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Change Windows Hello Pin for 2nd account.

Hey,

I have an old Microsoft account (I'm posting this question on said account) that I am trying to sign into through the xbox app but forgot the pin for it. I am signed into the account on my pc, as it is listed under accounts in the settings, however it is
    not the administrator account. When I attempt to change the Windows Hello Pin for the old account, it only allows me to change the pin for the administrator account.

How can I change the pin for my old/2nd account?

xAtomic Failx, Jan 19, 2021
  4. I can't log into old microsoft accounts because of forgotten Windows Hello Pin

Unable to sign-in to Microsoft account forgotten password

Hi,

Thanks for the Quick response. I will eventually use the suggestions you have given. But for the present I'd like to continue logging into my PC with my PIN. My concern is more with recovering my Widows local user login password, which seems not possible.
    However I have a question to ask MS which I personally think as valid: when both a Password and a PIN are equally valid for successfully logging in to Windows local admin account why only the Password is given credence in the matter of resetting of the login
    Password or creating a password recovery disc? Will MS please respond? Thank you.

RavindraB.C, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

I can't log into old microsoft accounts because of forgotten Windows Hello Pin

1. I can't log into old microsoft accounts because of forgotten Windows Hello Pin - Similar Threads - can't log old

2. Lost Windows Hello PW and Pin. Forgotten PW W-Hello asks for Pin. Forgotten PIN W-Hello...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost Windows Hello PW and Pin. Forgotten PW W-Hello asks for Pin. Forgotten PIN W-Hello...: I can login to my laptop. I cannot login to activate MS365 as Windows Hello asks for the PW or Pin, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-windows-hello-pw-and-pin-forgotten-pw-w-hello/5242002d-1b1e-437d-b656-6617e6b92a3a
  3. Lost Windows Hello PW and Pin. Forgotten PW W-Hello asks for Pin. Forgotten PIN W-Hello...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Windows Hello PW and Pin. Forgotten PW W-Hello asks for Pin. Forgotten PIN W-Hello...: I can login to my laptop. I cannot login to activate MS365 as Windows Hello asks for the PW or Pin, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-windows-hello-pw-and-pin-forgotten-pw-w-hello/5242002d-1b1e-437d-b656-6617e6b92a3a
  4. Lost Windows Hello PW and Pin. Forgotten PW W-Hello asks for Pin. Forgotten PIN W-Hello...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code: Hi,Whenever I try to log in, my windows 11 computer tries to make me create a PIN code, however it always says: "something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN" . After which it logs me out again. So I'm stuck in an infinite loop.Things I've tried:Reinstalled...
  6. Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code: Hi,Whenever I try to log in, my windows 11 computer tries to make me create a PIN code, however it always says: "something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN" . After which it logs me out again. So I'm stuck in an infinite loop.Things I've tried:Reinstalled...
  7. Cant log into my Microsoft Account because of "MS Hello"

Cant log into my Microsoft Account because of "MS Hello": Hello, I did not buy MS Hello as I didn't want it, I reset my computer and updated it to its most recent update as I was switching from HDD to SSD, now I want to log into my MS word and One Note which had some very important things in it. Now when I sign in to my Microsoft...
  8. Unable to log into my computer because I can't setup Hello Pin

Unable to log into my computer because I can't setup Hello Pin: Brand new HP Pavilion computerI made the mistake of connecting my computer to the internet as I was setting it up so now Microsoft won't let me log into my computer without first creating a microsoft accoutI caved in and created an account but now I am unable to set up the...
  9. How to create hello pin when forgotten and asked to type old pin to reset the pin

How to create hello pin when forgotten and asked to type old pin to reset the pin: So here's the deal: 1. I have forgotten my PIN 2. In order to reset the PIN, I am asked to enter my old PIN, which I have forgotten 3. How do I bypass the option to enter my old/original PIN which I have forgotten??? 4. If I retry even once too often, I am locked out....
  10. Windows hello + pin stops working because of my Microsoft Account

Windows hello + pin stops working because of my Microsoft Account: Hello, I have an issue regarding Windows Hello. Every time I set it up on my laptop(XPS 13 9360) after a day or so it stops working and I get a message stating that "Some of your accounts require your attention". I click it and I get to a pop up saying that I need to enable...