Windows 10: I can't log into windows after a reboot because my "pin is not available".

Discus and support I can't log into windows after a reboot because my "pin is not available". in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just booted windows but when I type in my password in the login field, it says something like "can't check you login information" (I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Marvinx1806, Apr 3, 2021.

1. I can't log into windows after a reboot because my "pin is not available".

Hey guys, I just booted windows but when I type in my password in the login field, it says something like "can't check you login information" (I don't know what exactly it would say because I have my system on german). Under the text is a button with "ok" and if I klick it, there is a text with "an error occurred, you're pin is not available. Click to create new pin" and if I click, I get the message that there has been an error with the loging in the "user profile service" and that the user profile could not be loaded. I rebooted a couple of times but it does not do anything. Since my ssd is not encryoted, I can access all the data through a linux install I have on a diferent ssd. Linux is just so much better...

submitted by /u/Marvinx1806
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Marvinx1806, Apr 3, 2021

2. Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Apr 3, 2021
  3. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Apr 3, 2021
  4. I can't log into windows after a reboot because my "pin is not available".

Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

I can't log into windows after a reboot because my "pin is not available".

1. I can't log into windows after a reboot because my "pin is not available". - Similar Threads - can't log reboot

2. I can't login because it says PIN not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't login because it says PIN not available: I went through the whole thing of logging in and having to try three freaking times to get a code texted to me, only to get to the part where it told me to come up with a new pin. I don't want a new pin. After clicking that I didn't want to reset my PIN, it let me in anyway....
  3. I can't login because it says PIN not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't login because it says PIN not available: I went through the whole thing of logging in and having to try three freaking times to get a code texted to me, only to get to the part where it told me to come up with a new pin. I don't want a new pin. After clicking that I didn't want to reset my PIN, it let me in anyway....
  4. I can't log in into my laptop because I can't set up a new pin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't log in into my laptop because I can't set up a new pin: I can't access my laptop at all because I'm unable to set up a new pin. The message says 'your pin is not longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up a your pin again'. The problem is when I try, there isn't a new window only the...
  5. Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code: Hi,Whenever I try to log in, my windows 11 computer tries to make me create a PIN code, however it always says: "something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN" . After which it logs me out again. So I'm stuck in an infinite loop.Things I've tried:Reinstalled...
  6. Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code

Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code: Hi,Whenever I try to log in, my windows 11 computer tries to make me create a PIN code, however it always says: "something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN" . After which it logs me out again. So I'm stuck in an infinite loop.Things I've tried:Reinstalled...
  7. My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?: I can't log onto my computer. I get a message that says, "Something happened, and your pin isn't available. Click to set up your pin again." When I click on it, nothing happens. I have tried to start in safe mode, but the same message comes up. trying to start it in any other...
  8. My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?: I can't log onto my computer. I get a message that says, "Something happened, and your pin isn't available. Click to set up your pin again." When I click on it, nothing happens. I have tried to start in safe mode, but the same message comes up. trying to start it in any other...
  9. My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?

10. I can't log into my PC because something happened to my PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log into my PC because something happened to my PIN.: When i try to log into my PC i have a 4 digit code to log in, well today i tried logging in and it said "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to setup your PIN again". Then below the text it says "Set up my PIN" everytime i click on it, it would just take my...