Windows 10: I can't log on to my laptop.

Discus and support I can't log on to my laptop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have tried for almost a week to log in to my laptop but it wont give me any options on the screen. All that shows is the cursor and background. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaddieLowery, Feb 17, 2020.

1. I can't log on to my laptop.

I have tried for almost a week to log in to my laptop but it wont give me any options on the screen. All that shows is the cursor and background. How do I fix this?

:)

MaddieLowery, Feb 17, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Feb 17, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

I can't log on to my laptop.

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool I can't log on to my laptop. :cool:

jmcslob, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

I can't log on to my laptop.

1. I can't log on to my laptop. - Similar Threads - can't log laptop

2. I can't log into my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log into my laptop: I was restarting my computer to get any updates or updates that needed to be done then suddenly i can't log into my laptop via my pin code , it keeps saying :" Something happened and your PIN isn't available.Click to set up your PIN again." And i did click on "Set up my PIN"...
  3. I can't log into my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into my laptop: I restarted my laptop because it slowed. But when it restart it showed blue screen error stop code called "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". Now my laptop restrat again and again continually. It won't stop. What can i do? Please help me...
  4. I can't log into my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log into my laptop: I restarted my laptop because it slowed. But when it restart it showed blue screen error stop code called "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". Now my laptop restrat again and again continually. It won't stop. What can i do? Please help me...
  5. I can't log into my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log into my laptop: Hi Today I did the system restore. When I left and came back, my computer crashed. I was able to log in before the restore but now I can't log in for some reason, your password is wrong. You must sign in with your Microsoft account. Give me a link and I change my password....
  6. I can't log into my laptop

I can't log into my laptop: Hi Today I did the system restore. When I left and came back, my computer crashed. I was able to log in before the restore but now I can't log in for some reason, your password is wrong. You must sign in with your Microsoft account. Give me a link and I change my password....
  7. I can't log into my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I can't log into my Laptop

I can't log into my Laptop: Hello. I have a big problem. I can't log into my son's computer. The laptop shows box message with an email account: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and an option to sign in. When I tried to sign in, It says that the email doesn't exist. So, I signed in with the...
  9. I can't log in to my laptop

I can't log in to my laptop: So this is my sisters laptop, it was deadly slow so I checked for updates, it had several, after updating it restarted and asked for a pin, they havw not used a pin but only a password, there is no option to use password instead. I tried doing forget password but the phone...
  10. I can't log into my laptop

I can't log into my laptop: I've always used a pin instead of a password to log into my laptop. About two days ago, after restarting the laptop, it asked for a password in order to log in. There are no options to switch to pin, no "I forgot my password" option, and no hints as to what the password may...