Windows 10: I can't log onto my Windows 10 Desktop

Discus and support I can't log onto my Windows 10 Desktop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I shut down my Windows 10 desktop to replace a video cable. When I booted up and got to the log in screen I entered my 4 digit PIN. It would not accept... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dr_Plutonium, May 3, 2020.

1. I can't log onto my Windows 10 Desktop

I shut down my Windows 10 desktop to replace a video cable. When I booted up and got to the log in screen I entered my 4 digit PIN. It would not accept it and I was told the password was wrong. I used the password reset and updated a new password. Everything seemed to work and when I tried to log on I got the same message. Tried a couple of more times with same result. I have an iMac available and I used it to log on the Microsoft Account Page. I used the new password to log on through the iMac. I know that the password is updating correctly. The Windows 10 desktop does not recognize it. Complete reboot does not solve the problem and safe mode does not either. I have both ethernet cable and wireless connection to the internet. It is connected to the internet. Why will it not recognize an apparently valid password.

Some folks have mention a bad keyboard driver but the password update on the desktop was received correctly. My windows account has the most currently password but the desktop log on screen says it is wrong.

:)

Dr_Plutonium, May 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 3, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

I can't log onto my Windows 10 Desktop

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 3, 2020
Thema:

I can't log onto my Windows 10 Desktop

1. I can't log onto my Windows 10 Desktop - Similar Threads - can't log onto

2. I can't log into onedrive for windows 10 desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into onedrive for windows 10 desktop.: Onedrive stopped working so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I get this error message . Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-into-onedrive-for-windows-10-desktop/91ea5018-ea7a-469c-bf62-4b825aad98c1
  3. I can't log into onedrive for windows 10 desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log into onedrive for windows 10 desktop.: Onedrive stopped working so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I get this error message . Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-into-onedrive-for-windows-10-desktop/91ea5018-ea7a-469c-bf62-4b825aad98c1
  4. I can't log into onedrive for windows 10 desktop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Factory reset, can't log in onto my emails and stuff,cant log in onto the microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset, can't log in onto my emails and stuff,cant log in onto the microsoft...: Factory reset, can't log in onto my emails and stuff,cant log in onto the microsoft authentificator after reset. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-cant-log-in-onto-my-emails-and/d84c3685-00f5-446b-8029-95d0ef3eac0d
  6. Factory reset, can't log in onto my emails and stuff,cant log in onto the microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset, can't log in onto my emails and stuff,cant log in onto the microsoft...: Factory reset, can't log in onto my emails and stuff,cant log in onto the microsoft authentificator after reset. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-cant-log-in-onto-my-emails-and/d84c3685-00f5-446b-8029-95d0ef3eac0d
  7. Password Expired, Unable to Log onto Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Expired, Unable to Log onto Windows 10 Desktop: Apparently, my password to log onto the desktop expired and I'm unable to log in. When I click on "Reset Password", it asks me for a "reset disk", which I do not have. I was able to get into Command Prompt, and tried "net user <username> <new password>," but my regular...
  8. Cannot log onto desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot log onto desktop: Logging onto computer. Computer has restarted itself and I now have to log in using a password instead of pin. I haven’t used a password before. I have tried using Microsoft password but it won’t work. Don’t know what to do....
  9. Logging onto my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging onto my computer: After updating windows 10, when I TRY TO LOG ONTO MY COMPUTER I get message that user profile cannot be loaded. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-onto-my-computer/c57b0b4e-5e59-4952-8492-45d33d4d1717
  10. Can't log onto my MS mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Can't log onto my MS mail account: I have really screwed up my Email account! It is a 2 stage security system. The phone number is wrong! Can't get reset password there! Somehow my normal login account lost the password. Tried to reset the password would not recognize the old Email account so I added a...