Windows 10: I can’t login and switch users

Discus and support I can’t login and switch users in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have problem that I can’t login to my user it’s says The user profile Service service failed the sign in The user profile cannot be loaded. but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KA56rt, Sep 11, 2022.

1. KA56rt Win User

I can’t login and switch users

I have problem that I can’t login to my user it’s says The user profile Service service failed the sign in The user profile cannot be loaded. but I don’t care much about this user account what brings me here that I don’t have access to my other user account there must be a switch users at bottom left of the screen but there isn’t so I’m stuck at the logging screen. Also if there is problems with English I have I’m sorry.

:)

KA56rt, Sep 11, 2022

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 11, 2022
  3. jpanzo Win User
    Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

Hi all,

My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer.

For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand corner). When the computer starts up, John is already selected to login and just has to input his password.

Also, when logged in as John, you are not able to see the "Switch User" button when clicking on the top left button of the start menu.

I have tried following already:
    1. Running the "secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbos" script in the command prompt
    2. Using the lusrmgr.msc to add the users

I have attached a screenshot that shows how there are multiple users on the computer, but there is no "Switch User" option available.

Anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

Thank you,
    John Panzo

jpanzo, Sep 11, 2022
  4. Jessen P Win User

Switching users in tablet mode has become impossible.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if you are able to login to Microsoft account.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key.
    • Click on Switch User.
    • Select the Microsoft account on the computer and try to logging in.

Note: You may need internet connection to access the Microsoft account.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Jessen P, Sep 11, 2022
Thema:

1. I can’t login and switch users - Similar Threads - can’t login switch

2. Can’t switch user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t switch user profile: I switched user profiles on accident and I don’t know the password to this profile on my computer, I don’t even remember creating it. However, I can’t switch users and log in with my normal user profile. There is no switch user button. I’ve tried booting up safe mode, but it...
  3. Can’t switch user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t switch user profile: I switched user profiles on accident and I don’t know the password to this profile on my computer, I don’t even remember creating it. However, I can’t switch users and log in with my normal user profile. There is no switch user button. I’ve tried booting up safe mode, but it...
  4. I can’t login and switch users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t login and switch users: I have problem that I can’t login to my user it’s says The user profile Service service failed the sign in The user profile cannot be loaded. but I don’t care much about this user account what brings me here that I don’t have access to my other user account there must be a...
  5. I can’t login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t login: When I turn on my computer it only shows me the background I have. I don’t have option to login. I’ve tried restarting it several times and the issue wont go away. I can’t click on or use anything and I’m not sure what to do....
  6. User switching / login not possibe

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User switching / login not possibe: After following this in order to try fixing other problems, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/how-to-restore-default-security-permissions/ab58f918-da72-42c0-ba71-161d52b73d46 I can no longer see my other users on the system....
  7. I can’t login!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can’t login!: I enabled safe mode on my windows 10 computer. My computer is stuck on airplane mode and whenever i try to change my startup options, it doesnt work. Whenever i try to click 5 or F5 on my keyboard to start safe mode with networking, it doesnt work and my wifi is always on...
  8. Issue with users switching on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with users switching on the login screen: /!\ Merry Christmas to all ! /!\ [img] My problem : Alt+F4 give me the option of switching users but only the current user "nemo" is selectable All users are set active including the built-in Administrator [img] [img]...
  9. Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users: Hi all, My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer. For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand...
  10. Auto login then switch user

Auto login then switch user: Hello, I use wake on lan to boot my pc to access and use it remotely. On Windows 7 I remember being able to auto log on with the set password to my account and then have it switch users right away so it was still password protected but my remote connecting software would...