Windows 10: I can't login to my laptop after setting up a new Microsoft account

Discus and support I can't login to my laptop after setting up a new Microsoft account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I set up a Microsoft account yesterday and tried to login to my laptop today using the same password. It was the correct password but I was not able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mabel2200, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Mabel2200 Win User

I can't login to my laptop after setting up a new Microsoft account

I set up a Microsoft account yesterday and tried to login to my laptop today using the same password. It was the correct password but I was not able to login for both pin and password options. I tried resetting my password as well to no avail. Please help.

:)

Mabel2200, Dec 2, 2022

2. Cannot login with microsoft account on Windows 10.

Hi John,

If you are using Microsoft account to login into the user account, I suggest you to convert the user account to
    Local account and using the new Microsoft account change to Microsoft user account by following the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: To convert to local account.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open system
      Settings window.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts, click on
      sign in with a local account instead option.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password and click on Next.
    • Type the Password, and Password Hint that you want set for the local account and click
      Next.
    • Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    • Login to check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: To switch to Microsoft account.

• On the newly converted Local user account, press
      Windows logo + I
      keys on the keyboard to open Settings window.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts click on
      sign in with a microsoft account instead option.
    • Enter the new Microsoft account ID and Password and click Sign in.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of not able to login using Microsoft account on the computer for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 2, 2022
  3. Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 2, 2022
  4. I can't login to my laptop after setting up a new Microsoft account

Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.

Hi Dane,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    2. Do you have any other Administrator User Accounts in your computer?
    3. What is the complete error message that you get when trying to login to your laptop?
    4. If you are using a Microsoft Account, are you able to login to
      login.live.com
      ?

Try the below steps and see if this helps.

Step 1: Once you are at the login screen, click on the
    Ease Of Access
    icon on the bottom right corner of the login screen and click on
    On-Screen Keyboard.

Step 2: Once the On-Screen Keyboard is up and running, type the correct password using the
    On-Screen Keyboard and see if you are able to login to your computer.

Also, try to change the Keyboard Layout From the Login Screen and see if this helps.

For references, you may also go through the steps mentioned in
    When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

I can't login to my laptop after setting up a new Microsoft account

1. I can't login to my laptop after setting up a new Microsoft account - Similar Threads - can't login laptop

2. Why can't I login to My Microsoft Account in my new laptop after the setup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I login to My Microsoft Account in my new laptop after the setup?: HelloI've bought a new MSI laptop. After the initial setup I've tried to login to my Microsoft Account in Administrator settings. When I entered the password, it asked me to enter once again and when I did, it says "incorrect password" even if it's typed right and thus...
  3. Why can't I login to My Microsoft Account in my new laptop after the setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I login to My Microsoft Account in my new laptop after the setup?: HelloI've bought a new MSI laptop. After the initial setup I've tried to login to my Microsoft Account in Administrator settings. When I entered the password, it asked me to enter once again and when I did, it says "incorrect password" even if it's typed right and thus...
  4. Why can't I login to My Microsoft Account login in my new laptop after the setup?

Why can't I login to My Microsoft Account login in my new laptop after the setup?: HelloI've bought a new MSI laptop. After the initial setup I've tried to login to my Microsoft Account in Administrator settings. When I entered the password, it asked me to enter once again and when I did, it says "incorrect password" even if it's typed right and thus...
  5. Setting up Microsoft account on new Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Microsoft account on new Lenovo laptop: Just purchased a Lenovo laptop and I can’t get it past the setting up our Microsoft account pages. Any advice please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-microsoft-account-on-new-lenovo-laptop/376a5fc4-a730-4571-8a01-0ecf3bb82208
  6. Setting up Microsoft account on new Lenovo laptop

Setting up Microsoft account on new Lenovo laptop: Just purchased a Lenovo laptop and I can’t get it past the setting up our Microsoft account pages. Any advice please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-microsoft-account-on-new-lenovo-laptop/376a5fc4-a730-4571-8a01-0ecf3bb82208
  7. Setting up Microsoft account on new Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I can't login to my laptop after setting up a new Microsoft account

I can't login to my laptop after setting up a new Microsoft account: I set up a Microsoft account yesterday and tried to login to my laptop today using the same password. It was the correct password but I was not able to login for both pin and password options. I tried resetting my password as well to no avail. Please help....
  9. I can't login to my laptop after setting up a new Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't login to my laptop after setting up a new Microsoft account: I set up a Microsoft account yesterday and tried to login to my laptop today using the same password. It was the correct password but I was not able to login for both pin and password options. I tried resetting my password as well to no avail. Please help....
  10. Set up new laptop without Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set up new laptop without Microsoft Account: I have just purchased a new laptop pre-loaded with Win 10 Home. Is it possible to set it up without being forced to use a Microsoft Account. I am a single user of the laptop and would prefer to have a local Windows account. It never leaves home so is quite low risk, so I...