Windows 10: I can't login with my password

Discus and support I can't login with my password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot login to my laptop because of caps lock I cannot enter my password completely I a have my password in capital letter... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SujanSam, May 22, 2019.

1. SujanSam Win User

I can't login with my password

I cannot login to my laptop because of caps lock I cannot enter my password completely I a have my password in capital letter

:)

SujanSam, May 22, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, May 22, 2019
  3. Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 22, 2019
  4. I can't login with my password

How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password ??

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

as you have already tried to disable the login password from netplwiz, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • click on Categories and select Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Require password on wakeup.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Select the option, Don't require a password and click on
      Save changes

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 22, 2019
Thema:

I can't login with my password

1. I can't login with my password - Similar Threads - can't login password

2. I reset my computer and I can't login or reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my computer and I can't login or reset password: I reset my computer and I'm at the login screen but I can't login because I forgot my old Microsoft password. I reset my password using my phone but the computer won't accept the new password and I've restarted the computer several times. What should I do I'm getting really...
  3. I reset my computer and I can't login or reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reset my computer and I can't login or reset password: I reset my computer and I'm at the login screen but I can't login because I forgot my old Microsoft password. I reset my password using my phone but the computer won't accept the new password and I've restarted the computer several times. What should I do I'm getting really...
  4. Why I can't to login the device? I can't type my password or anything

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why I can't to login the device? I can't type my password or anything: I can't to type anything on lockscreen.. like password.. It's doesn't proper working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-to-login-the-device-i-cant-type-my/47ae8157-a78d-4db5-be61-6954e47275e9
  5. Why I can't to login the device? I can't type my password or anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't to login the device? I can't type my password or anything: I can't to type anything on lockscreen.. like password.. It's doesn't proper working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-to-login-the-device-i-cant-type-my/47ae8157-a78d-4db5-be61-6954e47275e9
  6. Why I can't to login the device? I can't type my password or anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I can't change my computer login password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't change my computer login password.: I'm not sure if this came with the recent update, but when I tried changing my computer password, it directed me to change my Microsoft account password. In sign in options, I clicked on password, and it says underneath "Your account password is all set up to sign in to...
  8. PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS I CAN'T BE THE ONLY DISGRUNTLED USER!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS I CAN'T BE THE ONLY DISGRUNTLED USER!!!: I have come to my end with this version of Windows 10! Never have I hated a Microsoft product! Windows 7 was getting there but was still usable! There is no logic to why everytime you start a program you need to log into Microsoft!!! I've NEVER had to log into my Windows...
  9. can't type my password on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't type my password on login screen: Good Morning, I have windows 10 home all in one pc. I have attached wireless keyboard and mouse with it. when I try to type my password it says not available. I have to press Fn and space bar many times after that I can type my password. done system restore to previous...
  10. Can't login with correct password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login with correct password: i restarted my PC to try and fix my printer as it wouldnt print. Now i cannot login. I type my correct password no luck. I type my correct PIN, no luck. Googled the problem and followed Microsoft advice to reset my password. I did this from my iPad and still cannot log in....