Windows 10: I can't logon to computer on network

Discus and support I can't logon to computer on network in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a computer that is visible on the network. I logon to it using a 4 digit pin.On another computer it asks me for a password. The 4 digit pin does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alan93, Nov 27, 2022.

1. alan93 Win User

I can't logon to computer on network

I have a computer that is visible on the network. I logon to it using a 4 digit pin.On another computer it asks me for a password. The 4 digit pin does not work and neither does any other password I used in the past.How do I log on to the first computer from the second when it prompts for password?

:)

alan93, Nov 27, 2022
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Nov 27, 2022
  3. MisterEd Win User
    Computers Vanished From File Explorer But Network Still Works

I agree with @Try3. I have tried every suggested method to fix Windows networking suggested on these forums. All at best only worked for a short time. The only things that helped was:
    1. Batch file I suggested in an earlier post
    2. Creating shortcuts to computers on my home network
    Note these two things are not fixes but workaround. However, at least they help and have never failed.

I have shortcuts set up for eight computers on my home network. I have created a folder on my desktop called My Network to hold the shortcuts. They have a mix of the following operating systems:
    • Windows 10 - 4
    • Windows 7 - 3
    • Windows XP - 1

I can't logon to computer on network [​IMG]

MisterEd, Nov 27, 2022
  4. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

1. I can't logon to computer on network - Similar Threads - can't logon computer

2. I can't logon with my pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't logon with my pin.: I logon with my pin. It's rejected, says I'm not connected to the internet. Says the device is offline, try another sign-in option. After I hit reset the pin number several times, it asks for my password and for a code. I was better off without the pin....
  3. I can't logon with my pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't logon with my pin.: I logon with my pin. It's rejected, says I'm not connected to the internet. Says the device is offline, try another sign-in option. After I hit reset the pin number several times, it asks for my password and for a code. I was better off without the pin....
  4. I cannot logon to my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot logon to my computer.: I am using windows 11 on a lenovoI was trying to log in safe mode to find out why my wife's computer is not reading portable storage unit.I try to log in it says: "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN When I click it,...
  5. I cannot logon to my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot logon to my computer.: I am using windows 11 on a lenovoI was trying to log in safe mode to find out why my wife's computer is not reading portable storage unit.I try to log in it says: "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN When I click it,...
  6. I can't logon to computer on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't logon to computer on network: I have a computer that is visible on the network. I logon to it using a 4 digit pin.On another computer it asks me for a password. The 4 digit pin does not work and neither does any other password I used in the past.How do I log on to the first computer from the second when...
  7. I can't logon to computer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't logon to computer on network: I have a computer that is visible on the network. I logon to it using a 4 digit pin.On another computer it asks me for a password. The 4 digit pin does not work and neither does any other password I used in the past.How do I log on to the first computer from the second when...
  8. I can't access Administrator logon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access Administrator logon.: On Windows 10 I added a guest account. When I went to logon, I selected the guest account instead of my administrator account. I logged on my guest account, but it gave an error message saying, there is no set up for this account and the only option is "ok". When I click...
  9. Can't Logon to Computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Logon to Computer: I switched to a backup computer after my current one died. It was bringing up two user accounts, one of which I do not know what it is, and apparently it was trying to log into that one first, as it was in the box and it said the password which I had not entered, was...
  10. Windows logon network Failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows logon network Failure: Hi Guys, hoping you can help me, since I upgraded to windows 10 I can no longer make contact with one of my networks, I get this message ........ Microsoft windows network logon failure, the user has not been granted the requested logon type on this computer I cannot find a...