Windows 10: I can't make a text file with notepad in the file explorer

Discus and support I can't make a text file with notepad in the file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to create a text file using notepad in a folder on file explorer, but the option isn't there, there is just rich text which I don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nicolasberinger, Jul 29, 2020.

1. I can't make a text file with notepad in the file explorer

I'm trying to create a text file using notepad in a folder on file explorer, but the option isn't there, there is just rich text which I don't want to use. How do i fix this? I can't make a text file with notepad in the file explorer [​IMG]

:)

nicolasberinger, Jul 29, 2020
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Jul 29, 2020
  4. regan1985 Win User

I can't make a text file with notepad in the file explorer

making file lists

i need a program that will basicly take whats on my screen and put it into some kind of text file!!

heres what i need to do, i need to make a list of all my films and music! and i dont want to have to copy and paste every file as i have a fair bit!!

any ideas or ways you can think of to do this?

regan1985, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

I can't make a text file with notepad in the file explorer

1. I can't make a text file with notepad in the file explorer - Similar Threads - can't text file

2. Retrieving notepad text file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieving notepad text file: how can I retrieve my text file at note pad?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-notepad-text-file/9577e673-5811-4a8a-b42a-6ceb8ac0870e
  3. Retrieving notepad text file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieving notepad text file: how can I retrieve my text file at note pad?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-notepad-text-file/9577e673-5811-4a8a-b42a-6ceb8ac0870e
  4. Hey! I want to make an exe file with notepad text.

Hey! I want to make an exe file with notepad text.: Hey! I want to make EXE from a notepad text. Is it possible? When I open it, it says app doesn't work on your computer. How can I make it openable and that it works? Please respond fast! Is there some app? If there is some app, please let me know....
  5. Hey! I want to make an exe file with notepad text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey! I want to make an exe file with notepad text.: Hey! I want to make EXE from a notepad text. Is it possible? When I open it, it says app doesn't work on your computer. How can I make it openable and that it works? Please respond fast! Is there some app? If there is some app, please let me know....
  6. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  7. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  8. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

9. Notepad and File Explorer Text issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad and File Explorer Text issue: Hi everyone, I'm having an annoying issue with Notepad and File Explorer and I'm not sure if it's because it's just Windows 11 being the issue. The issue is when I scroll in Notepad or in File Explorer the text or letters overlap each other, and I have to move my mouse over...
  10. Notepad and File Explorer Text issue

Notepad and File Explorer Text issue: Hi everyone, I'm having an annoying issue with Notepad and File Explorer and I'm not sure if it's because it's just Windows 11 being the issue. The issue is when I scroll in Notepad or in File Explorer the text or letters overlap each other, and I have to move my mouse over...