Windows 10: I can't make games go full screen

Discus and support I can't make games go full screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On my laptop keyboard fn+f11 just lowers the volume. Games are opening as maximized screen but not full screen. 99986 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sambuss90, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Sambuss90 Win User

I can't make games go full screen

On my laptop keyboard fn+f11 just lowers the volume.

Games are opening as maximized screen but not full screen.

:)

Sambuss90, Dec 9, 2017

2. Game not working on Windows 10

I have games that were already installed when I upgraded , ( Luxor ) . When I go to play in full screen ,It doesn't go to full screen and the game keeps flashing. Game works when not in full screen but it's to small. Another game also doesn't work in full
    screen.

BruceMosco, Dec 9, 2017
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Accidentally made a game window too small?

"How do I make it go back to its original size?"

- Taping Alt + Enter on your keyboard will allow some games to toggle between Full Screen and Windowed mode.

- Some games go into Windowed mode if you click on anything while it is loading, or hit a

'hot key' while the game is running. In this instance you may need to go into the games

graphics setup options to allow either Windowed mode or Full Screen.

BossDweeb, Dec 9, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Using FN key with function keys on laptops is usually used to control hardware functions, like FN + F11 to lower volume and FN +F12 to increase volume. These control functions are specific for each laptop make and model although nowadays already quite standardised and similar.

On most laptops, the default FN key function can be changed in BIOS or UEFI settings. Normally function keys on all laptops are set in factory to perform default Windows tasks when pressed without FN key, and hardware specific controls with FN key.

To use function keys to perform Windows tasks instead of hardware functions, use them without FN key. Full screen is F11, not FN + F11.

Kari, Dec 9, 2017
  5. RoasterMen, Dec 9, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    It is quite variable and not even consistent between different models for same brand. Lenovos are often setup so unshifted (not using FN key) keys are hardware media based but some models reverse that. My Lenovo was setup like that but my Sony was other way round.

Worse, not all bioses give option to flip flop functionality. My Lenovo does but my old Acer laptop does not.

So basically, it is somewhat random which way the default setup is, and may not be reversible on some models.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I can't make games go full screen - Similar Threads - can't games full

2. While gaming it wont go to full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While gaming it wont go to full screen: Legion Lenovo 7 lap top what I'm using. When I'm playing video games my task bar, minimize icon, exit icon etc. wont go away. It was working just fine for the first two weeks. Games such as: Fortnite Kovaaks 2.0 from steam These are the only games I play....
  3. steam games wont go full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    steam games wont go full screen: about a month ago my games would play in full screen now only certain games now will play in full screen anyone know how to fix this thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steam-games-wont-go-full-screen/b9b8df08-6534-44cd-b4bd-eee735752b3f
  4. The Games wont go to full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Games wont go to full screen: When I play Minecraft Java Edition when press fullscreen the Game crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-games-wont-go-to-full-screen/84ec3ba4-5588-408e-a2a3-3e575f465a5f
  5. How can I make a screen recording of a game that runs in a lower resolution full screen on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make a screen recording of a game that runs in a lower resolution full screen on...: I took a recording of Lego Indiana Jones 2 which normally runs in full screen automatically but when I watched the video it had it in 3:4 resolution. Is there a way that I can fix this or am I stuck with it forever? submitted by /u/MysteryCat2003 [link] [comments]...
  6. windows store game has to be "clicked on" to go full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows store game has to be "clicked on" to go full screen: OK, so first of all this is the Game Pass version of FFXV. All my steam and otherwise games do NOT have this issue. When I start the game, it will open full screen, but I will still have the mouse pointer and if I scroll to the top, or bottom of the screen I see the "top"...
  7. Full Screen Games!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full Screen Games!: I downloaded township, but i dont want it to take up the whole screen! How do i make it into a window? Thank you u/SeraphsEnvy! I cant figure out how to change the flair to solved.. submitted by /u/12sGirl89 [link] [comments]...
  8. No Full Screen Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Full Screen Games: Hello, I would like to prevent microsoft store games from going full screen when they open up. Is there a way to do so? I am using it on a touch screen and I don't want to loose the ability to click the X to close the window. Let me know, thanks!...
  9. games won't go full screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    games won't go full screen: Just as the title says, my games wont go full screen, when i go to the option in game to change it go full screen it just reverts back to window mode....
  10. can't play full screen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't play full screen games: when I open any game i see black borders at the sides. I have Intel HD graphics display adapter and NVIDIA graphics driver installed on my laptop (everything is up to data). I tried many solutions but there is no "scale full screen" option in Intel control panel with res...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. luxor oc not playing in full screen in my laptop