Windows 10: i cant make my internet private

Discus and support i cant make my internet private in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cant make my internet private https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-make-my-internet-private/630ac220-cc71-4334-a007-c0dcd8598a1a Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abd-ulrahmanNassb, Mar 30, 2020.

1. i cant make my internet private

I cant make my internet private

:)

Abd-ulrahmanNassb, Mar 30, 2020

2. private connection

Hi,

You can customize your Network connection to either Public or Private network. To set your network connection to Private, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings, and then select Network & Internet.
    • On the left pane, select internet connection you are using (ex: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, etc.).
    • Click the network name that you are currently connected to.
    • Under Network window, enable Make this PC discoverable button.

i cant make my internet private 01ac483c-a3a0-4fbe-8a73-e02e8fe69afa.png

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to use.

Monica Cam, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Change Network from Public to Private

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 30, 2020
  4. i cant make my internet private

Windows 10: How to make Private Network enabled

Hi Jeff,

To change the network from public to private or vice versa, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click "network and internet".

3. If you are using Ethernet, click "Ethernet" and click on the network.

4. Enable the "make this pc discoverable" option to change the network to private.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

i cant make my internet private

1. i cant make my internet private - Similar Threads - cant internet private

2. I want to make my account private and cant see a way to do so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to make my account private and cant see a way to do so: I wish to change the settings on my account to make it private and cannot see a way so to do;* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-make-my-account-private-and-cant-see-a/80b161db-95a8-4bbc-948e-54c7a15a9ec1
  3. I want to make my account private and cant see a way to do so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to make my account private and cant see a way to do so: I wish to change the settings on my account to make it private and cannot see a way so to do;* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-make-my-account-private-and-cant-see-a/80b161db-95a8-4bbc-948e-54c7a15a9ec1
  4. HOW CAN I MAKE A PRIVATE CHARACTER BIGGER?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW CAN I MAKE A PRIVATE CHARACTER BIGGER?: I have made a private character which didn't come out right here. It is a 'checked checkbox'.I use it on word documents designed for paper printing when using them digitally.Trouble is the thing isn't big enough and the character editor doesn't allow of making it any...
  5. I cant get my Internet working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant get my Internet working: My Internet refuses to work on my laptop ive already reset everything Internet related on it and connected it to 2 different Internet sources none of mother devices have any trouble[IMG]...
  6. Making All Networks Private By Default

Making All Networks Private By Default: Hello. I have Windows 10 and I exclusively use ethernet, I don't even have an adapter to be able to connect to a wireless network, so logically any network I will ever connect to will most likely be private as I won't have ethernet access to any public networks, yet Windows...
  7. Private internet network properties

Private internet network properties: Though I have disabled the automatic connect to a certain network, the pc keeps connecting to it automatically. In the properties of the network the button for automatic connect appears disabled...
  8. How to make Private Network Connected

How to make Private Network Connected: Hello I’m not able to connect to the internet because my Private network says its “Not Connected”. Does anyone know how i can make it “connected”"? Thank you [IMG]...
  9. Making a public network private

Making a public network private: I recently got a new router to increase my internet speed and every thing I've seen on the internet on how to make my network private doesn't work. This is very frustrating and I never use forums like this to help but It seems to be the only choice I have....
  10. Need to make network connections private

Need to make network connections private: Hello, I have tried for 3 hours tonight to get my computer to connect to the Internet at my dad's house and I cannot do it. I have tried many of the tings listed in other posts and no results. I am wondering If I can no longer set up new WiFi spots on my laptop at this...