Windows 10: I can't make my start menu fully transparent, and it's always translucent.

Discus and support I can't make my start menu fully transparent, and it's always translucent. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't make my start menu full transparent. I tried many methods, like registry, setting and windows powershell, but none of them are work for me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HenryZhao1, Mar 11, 2020.

1. I can't make my start menu fully transparent, and it's always translucent.

I can't make my start menu full transparent. I tried many methods, like registry, setting and windows powershell, but none of them are work for me. It's just translucent and it makes me so confused.

:)

HenryZhao1, Mar 11, 2020
  2. idigweeds Win User

In Windows 10 v 1709, why no transparency on Start Menu and Action Center, but present on Task Bar?

Here's an update on this issue as it pertains to my own experience. It would appear that there is, in fact, a very subtle translucence (bordering on opaque) present in the Start Menu and Action Center. This is quite hard to notice unless the background
    has large areas of light and dark.

The Task Bar, however, is clearly and obviously transparent. I thought it was supposed to have the Project Neon type translucence like the Start Menu and Action Center. I'm not sure what to make of it.

For the time being, I'm going to turn off the translucency/transparency feature.

idigweeds, Mar 11, 2020
  3. RonRabaut Win User
    I have no transparency in my start menu and window frames but my taskbar does.

As it is, I can barely see any translucency at all. And that's looking at the start menu with a white window on a dark background behind it. The transition between the two slightly different colors is gradual. I wouldn't call it a blur effect. The calculator
    app (using the dark theme) has a much more prominent translucent effect and I could call that a blur effect.

RonRabaut, Mar 11, 2020
  4. mnc76 Win User

I can't make my start menu fully transparent, and it's always translucent.

Start Menu Not Transparent

I have the exact issue. And YES, I have ensured that 'transparency effects' is ON in Colors settings menu.

The task bar looks fine, its just the start menu that is no longer transparent.

mnc76, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

I can't make my start menu fully transparent, and it's always translucent.

1. I can't make my start menu fully transparent, and it's always translucent. - Similar Threads - can't start menu

2. start menu transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu transparent: how to make start menu transparent and add some blur. i find ways but not any working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-transparent/29618704-2e91-4a65-87d9-acda1ee39bce
  3. How do i make apps in the start menu transparent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i make apps in the start menu transparent: So i've been trying to make the background of apps in the start menu transparent, so i could see my background even better. I enabled transparency effects already and searched the internet to find the solution but just can't find one. I would really appreciate it if anyone...
  4. Windows 10 start menu fully transparent using Startisback.

Windows 10 start menu fully transparent using Startisback.: [ATTACH] Hey guys. So I did some research and I found out that you can use startisback to make you windows start menu transparent. However I was doing this but in the configuration settings I can only make the Plain Windows 10 version of the start menu transparent and...
  5. Transparent start menu?

Transparent start menu?: Hello, I didn't use this OS for a long and after coming back I've noticed that the start menu isn't transparent anymore? The taskbar is (and it's blurry somewhy), but the start menu is dark gray. I think it was like this after the white theme update, not sure... Is there a...
  6. Is it possible to make start menu more transparent?

Is it possible to make start menu more transparent?: I would like to make the start menu more transparent. Ideally without 3rd party tools. submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj2lah/is_it_possible_to_make_start_menu_more_transparent/
  7. Transparent start menu?

Transparent start menu?: I've been looking around for the last few days trying to find a way to make the start menu completely transparent. And to no avail, nothing works. So if anyone knows a surefire way to make it so it is transparent (not translucent) please tell me submitted by /u/PeakCartoon...
  8. how can i make translucent start menu?

how can i make translucent start menu?: I want to have the windows 10 start menu translucent, but all the guides and videos that I see are outdated, do not work or is to make the taskbar transparent (which does not interest me). If you know what can be done to achieve that effect or you cannot directly, it would be...
  9. Start menu not transparent

Start menu not transparent: My start menu won't turn transparent or translucent. I have enabled transparency and have tried all the regedits after googling, non of them work. Does anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/suskab [link] [comments]...
  10. Start menu transparency

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu transparency: i currently have the transparency turned on and the colors are to my liking but I was wondering is there a way to make the background more transparent and to change the icons background color for messed up icons. What I want to do is make the main part a bit more transparent...