Windows 10: I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows.

Discus and support I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows. It won't let me get out of high contrast, yet in the settings area that you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RennaeMcintosh, Feb 12, 2024.

1. I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows.

I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows. It won't let me get out of high contrast, yet in the settings area that you find high contrast, the button is in OFF position.

:)

RennaeMcintosh, Feb 12, 2024

2. Text select pointer goes completely white colored when hovering over black text with a white background.

Hello, a couple of days ago, windows updates installed a new AMD display driver. Since then, the text select pointer has been going completely white colored when I hover over black text with a white background (This happens on all websites and on both Edge & Chrome, so it seems like a driver issue) and then it becomes extremely hard to tell where the mouse pointer is, because the white color blends well with the white background. However, if I move the mouse pointer a bit and also click 1 time, the text select cursor goes back to being black colored (which is what it is supposed to be when it is hovering over black text)

Some notes:

• The machine is a Lenovo laptop.
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics 2.10 GHz
    • RAM: 8GB
    • The new driver version with the issue: 31.0.12016.9
    • I clean installed windows 11 today and the issue still persists.
    • Before I clean installed windows 11, I rolled back to the previous driver using Device Manager, and that fixed the issue.

Waseem Sibai, Feb 12, 2024
  3. When upgrading to Windows 10 the taskbar text color is black (not white)

I have helped two friends upgrading from Windows 7. And both ended up with black text in the taskbar. And black icons for resize and close on windows. And I have no idea how to get it white. Seems like it keeps some color settings from the old OS. On my
    fresh install I got white text and icons. I have tried applying all color settings from my registry. But it doesn't help :-( Anyone know where the text color is stored in the registry?

Lars-Erik Østerud, Feb 12, 2024
  4. davidhelp Win User

I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows.

Make text black in the Start Menu - change the highlight color of the

Thanks, I installed Open-Shell 4.4.189 today. I tried the suggestion and the Start Menu now has the black text. I like the Windows 10 menu with the tiles myself. I see the other themes use white text a lot except for the one you suggested. Somehow I managed to get black text on one of my themes. I have not stumbled across on how I did so. Question: Do you know of any Open-Shell themes that have tiles?
    I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows. 384443d1674861725t-make-text-black-start-menu-change-highlight-color-start_menu_open-shell.png
    - - - Updated - - - Using WinPaletter: If I choose the 'Taskbar' button I get black text in both columns. If I choose the Start, Taskbar & Action Center button I only get white text on the left side. I get the same color for the Start Menu as the Taskbar if I choose the 'Taskbar' button. I want different colors and WinPaletter can do so but it looks like only the right column can have black text if I choose the Start, Taskbar & Action Center button. I do not know where Windows changes the text to black or white color.

davidhelp, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows.

1. I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows. - Similar Threads - can't text color

2. no color only Black and white

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no color only Black and white: I have an HP colour laserjet CP 1515 n printer, which was working perfectly alright until I got a message saying, "CERTIFICATE FETCHING FAILURE" I managed to get the printer working, but it only printed in Black and White.I have downloaded the latest driver, and the printer...
  3. I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows.: I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows. It won't let me get out of high contrast, yet in the settings area that you find high contrast, the button is in OFF position....
  4. I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows.: I can't make my text color go back to black on white anywhere in Windows. It won't let me get out of high contrast, yet in the settings area that you find high contrast, the button is in OFF position....
  5. how do i get my screen to go back to color it has gone to black and white

how do i get my screen to go back to color it has gone to black and white: I'm working off an HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-screen-to-go-back-to-color-it-has/a2178e83-ea75-4a60-89ff-040ab1d228da
  6. how do i get my screen to go back to color it has gone to black and white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get my screen to go back to color it has gone to black and white: I'm working off an HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-screen-to-go-back-to-color-it-has/a2178e83-ea75-4a60-89ff-040ab1d228da
  7. No color just black and white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No color just black and white: I updated windows 10 and every page turned to black and white. I already tried fixing by the ease of access nope no luck. Please help TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-color-just-black-and-white/1bcbabcf-278d-4feb-9f07-18efc4f6cb41
  8. No color just black and white

No color just black and white: I updated windows 10 and every page turned to black and white. I already tried fixing by the ease of access nope no luck. Please help TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-color-just-black-and-white/1bcbabcf-278d-4feb-9f07-18efc4f6cb41
  9. I changed my background color to Black. I can't change it back to White. Pease Help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I changed my background color to Black. I can't change it back to White. Pease Help.: How do I change my background color back to White from Black? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-background-color-to-black-i-cant/5144399f-ff0b-47d5-9fc0-99f4d8ebfb2f
  10. Screen is flashing to black with white/colored text at random

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is flashing to black with white/colored text at random: Screen on desktop is randomly flashing more or less reversed colors: black with white or weirdly colored text/pictures/links. Happens when moving between e-mails in desktop e-mail (Juno). It flashes the previous e-mail in black with weirdly colored text and pictures before...