Windows 10: I can't make Outlook default email client - conflict with Thunderbird

Discus and support I can't make Outlook default email client - conflict with Thunderbird in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am struggling to set Outlook as default email client . I selected it in Settings>APps>Default apps but when trying to share a file (e.g. Word) from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Przem0, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Przem0 Win User

I can't make Outlook default email client - conflict with Thunderbird

I am struggling to set Outlook as default email client . I selected it in Settings>APps>Default apps but when trying to share a file (e.g. Word) from within, it is attached to my Thunderbird client.

:)

Przem0, Aug 20, 2019

2. How do I make Thunderbird my default email client?

Try and set it within Thunderbird itself under options.

I can't make Outlook default email client - conflict with Thunderbird [​IMG]

Although I'm surprised it doesn't show..

I can't make Outlook default email client - conflict with Thunderbird [​IMG]

Mine wasn't listed as default, there was no entry. Maybe setting it as default in Thunderbird over rides W10. Mine is acting like it is default.

Torquemada, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Default email client issue

In Windows 10, I use Thunderbird as email client and have changed the default settings to this client. However, when "sharing" a document via email directly from "Word", the system continues to default to Outlook.

How do I get "Word" to ignore Outlook and use the specified email client...in this case Thunderbird?

roberthalle, Aug 20, 2019
  4. socklosk Win User

How do I make Thunderbird my default email client?

I can see where one can choose which email client to use as the default in the system settings, but Thunderbird is not listed in the available options.

socklosk, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't make Outlook default email client - conflict with Thunderbird - Similar Threads - can't Outlook default

2. Importing saved Outlook Express (.dbx) mails to Thunderbird Email Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing saved Outlook Express (.dbx) mails to Thunderbird Email Client: Win 7 Ultimate. Plenty of ram and 1TB sata hd. 1)...I have saved Outlook Express e-mails in dbx format (literally thousands) (multiple identities) and want to import them into Thunderbird (TB) V 102.8.0...... 2)...I looked in TB in the "import" section/selection and there...
  3. Can't Set Thunderbird as Default Email Application

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Set Thunderbird as Default Email Application: Hi, friends! I won't belabor the fact that Microsoft has failed us regarding setting file type assignments and default applications, even with tools that calculate the correct hashes. But all I'm trying to do is to set the default email application to Thunderbird, and that...
  4. Default email client problem in MS outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Default email client problem in MS outlook: Hi, I keep getting this"either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request" error popup whenever I launch outlook. I've tried all the solutions mentioned here and it is still there. I've also tried the Adobe solution posted...
  5. outlook default email client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook default email client: I get this error message when i try to install apple cloud error message ox8007706ba default client client not set in outlook, Although it is set. I have done a repair in outlook to no avail....
  6. Windows 10 and Thunderbird email client a/c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Thunderbird email client a/c: I have tried to configure a plusnet email account on Mozilla Thunderbird in Windows 10 but it cannot find the email settings so I have been unsuccessful .Any ideas? Plusnet were unable to help. Many thanks if you can help....
  7. New Thunderbird Email Client - 60.6.1

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client - 60.6.1: New update to Thunderbird - 60.6.1 Security fixes. Release Notes: Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.6.1) — Mozilla 129570
  8. Thunderbird email client 60.3.3 released

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird email client 60.3.3 released: Link to the Mozilla ftp. 32-bit and 64-bit versions available. Directory Listing: /pub/thunderbird/releases/60.3.3/ 123123
  9. How do I make Thunderbird my default email client?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make Thunderbird my default email client?: I can see where one can choose which email client to use as the default in the system settings, but Thunderbird is not listed in the available options. 23340
  10. New Thunderbird Email Client Released

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client Released: New Thunderbird Email client 52.7.0 released 03/23/18. Minor bugs and security fixes. [img] 106649