Windows 10: I can't make shortcuts for some things

Discus and support I can't make shortcuts for some things in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been trying to make short cuts for a few things it goes to my desktop but when i go to use it the short cut isn't there, what can I do to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Santanas Mom, Jul 22, 2018.

1. I can't make shortcuts for some things

I have been trying to make short cuts for a few things it goes to my desktop but when i go to use it the short cut isn't there, what can I do to fix this?

Thank you

:)

Santanas Mom, Jul 22, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.I can't make shortcuts for some things :)

terrace, Jul 22, 2018
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 22, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

I can't make shortcuts for some things

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool I can't make shortcuts for some things :cool:

jmcslob, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

I can't make shortcuts for some things

1. I can't make shortcuts for some things - Similar Threads - can't shortcuts things

2. Some of my system files are corrupted making it hard to update things.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some of my system files are corrupted making it hard to update things.: List of things I cant do due to corrupted files.I can't Download AMD drivers. ERROR 1603. Possible Causes says Corrupted files.I can't Download any Windows Updates gives error 0x800703f1 after completing.I can't Download stuff from the Windows Store as it does nothing stuck...
  3. Some of my system files are corrupted making it hard to update things.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my system files are corrupted making it hard to update things.: List of things I cant do due to corrupted files.I can't Download AMD drivers. ERROR 1603. Possible Causes says Corrupted files.I can't Download any Windows Updates gives error 0x800703f1 after completing.I can't Download stuff from the Windows Store as it does nothing stuck...
  4. Some of my system files are corrupted making it hard to update things.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can somebody make this a thing????

in Cortana
    Can somebody make this a thing????: Siri can open websites JUST FINE why do we all the suden have to pin a site to our desktop for Cortana? some sites could be a one time use and we don't want to pin everything, fix this please???...
  6. Make things easy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make things easy: Spending a good chunk of your life using Start is way overrated; make the always-at-your-fingertips taskbar your focus... Tip #927: Pin Settings and This PC icons to the taskbar and make use of the Applications window Jumplist. [ATTACH] AND [ATTACH] -->[ATTACH] Cheers, Drew...
  7. I can't see some things in my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't see some things in my taskbar: I have a little boy, sometimes I lend him my computer to play, he always moves things, I don't know what he did but I can't see the date and time anymore...
  8. What is the **reason** that "Windows can't make a shortcut here" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the **reason** that "Windows can't make a shortcut here" ?: I need to reduce the volume of my C:\ drive by about half; it is a 222GB partition of an SSD drive at the moment. My plan is just to move as many folders that are today in C:\ to the internal non-SSD drive of my laptop, and replace the folders with "shortcuts" to the real...
  9. I can't delete these things.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete these things.: please can someone help me delete these things? it keeps saying they are in a place they aren't and just won't delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-these-things/8c27618c-d44b-411e-a427-c96e820cb57c"
  10. I can't make shortcuts for somethings

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't make shortcuts for somethings: I have been trying to make short cuts for a few things it goes to my desktop but when i go to use it the short cut isn't there, what can I do to fix this? Thank you 114567