Windows 10: I can't make Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7), restore my system image anymore

Discus and support I can't make Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7), restore my system image anymore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have successfully used the Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program for a few years now with no problems, but lately it is unsuccessful in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChuckV1, Sep 29, 2019.

1. ChuckV1 Win User

I can't make Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7), restore my system image anymore

I have successfully used the Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program for a few years now with no problems, but lately it is unsuccessful in installing the system image from the portable hard drive. Is there a procedure that I am not following? Should I disconnect the modem, disable my Norton, or something else I need to do? I have updated to Windows 10 Pro, but that has never been a problem before. I have a Seagate backup program, but I haven't been successful with that since I purchased the Seagate 1TB drive. I have called them with no suggestions how to make it work.

(Note that I can create the Windows system image, but can't successfully use it to restore my computer)

:)

ChuckV1, Sep 29, 2019

2. Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Thrall Win User
    Motherboard too different for restore?

I just had the windows backup and restore format the drive and restore it using the latest backup and it seems to be working now. I'm not sure what fixed it, but it's working at the moment. Perhaps the windows system image isn't just an exact image of the backup but something more complex?

Thrall, Sep 29, 2019
  4. I can't make Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7), restore my system image anymore

Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

I can't make Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7), restore my system image anymore

1. I can't make Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7), restore my system image anymore - Similar Threads - can't Backup Restore

2. if I make a system image backup on Windows 7 Ultimate and restore it on Windows 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if I make a system image backup on Windows 7 Ultimate and restore it on Windows 7...: just wanted to try out something and was curious on whether this would work. i wanna reinstall windows on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-make-a-system-image-backup-on-windows-7/eea8e3bf-f22b-4f83-b623-3df79dde994e
  3. if I make a system image backup on Windows 7 Ultimate and restore it on Windows 7...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if I make a system image backup on Windows 7 Ultimate and restore it on Windows 7...: just wanted to try out something and was curious on whether this would work. i wanna reinstall windows on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-make-a-system-image-backup-on-windows-7/eea8e3bf-f22b-4f83-b623-3df79dde994e
  4. I can't get my "backup and restore window 7" to find the restore file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my "backup and restore window 7" to find the restore file: I needed to send in my computer for repairs, so I backed up my windows 11 computer by creating a system repair disc on an external hard drive through the "backup and restore windows 7" function under System and Security. I now have the computer back and wiped of all its...
  5. I can't get my "backup and restore window 7" to find the restore file

I can't get my "backup and restore window 7" to find the restore file: I needed to send in my computer for repairs, so I backed up my windows 11 computer by creating a system repair disc on an external hard drive through the "backup and restore windows 7" function under System and Security. I now have the computer back and wiped of all its...
  6. Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing: I want to make a backup with a system image but it failed halfway through. I set my external harddrive as the destination and it has plenty of space. Thinking it was failing because there was things on it, I shrunk the volume and made a seperate partition called F. I tried...
  7. Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing: I want to make a backup with a system image but it failed halfway through. I set my external harddrive as the destination and it has plenty of space. Thinking it was failing because there was things on it, I shrunk the volume and made a seperate partition called F. I tried...
  8. Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. System Restore does not make Restore points anymore and deletes Restore points I make...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore does not make Restore points anymore and deletes Restore points I make...: My system Restore folder is empty and "eats" any new Restore points I make and save within a day. A search shows it has been an ongoing problem for Windows Users. Anything new to fix it? I have the latest version of Windows 10 and very good Norton Antivirus running....
  10. Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore: How do i restore from a single drive computer to my new machine with a SSD and a large seperate data drive? The backup was made with Windows 7 backup and restore option....