Windows 10: I can't mark my drive as dirty

Discus and support I can't mark my drive as dirty in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi i can't mark my drive as dirtythanks... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ryan K2, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Ryan K2 Win User

I can't mark my drive as dirty

Hi i can't mark my drive as dirtythanks

:)

Ryan K2, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Samuria Win User

Marking disk a dirty.

Welcome to the forum. Marking the disk dirty it should test the whole drive on start

Samuria, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Drive is marked as dirty after each reboot

Hi,

After the installation of Windows 11 22H2 last week my drive C: constantly marks as dirty, with the permanent check every startup.

The disk is Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB and it is absolutely good.

What can cause that odd behavior?

Moderator note < added space , words, made few words are bold >

Maksym Demin, Jun 3, 2023
  4. I can't mark my drive as dirty

Drive is marked as dirty after each reboot

Share the screenshots showing dirty drive

execute below commands i cmd with an administrator

fsutil dirty query C:

share the screenshot

chkdsk C: /f /r

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

I can't mark my drive as dirty

1. I can't mark my drive as dirty - Similar Threads - can't mark drive

2. I can't mark my drive as dirty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't mark my drive as dirty: Hi i can't mark my drive can you please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-mark-my-drive-as-dirty/3d1fb200-ca23-4142-ab89-0c3033d124bb
  3. I can't mark my drive as dirty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't mark my drive as dirty: Hi i can't mark my drive as dirtythanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-mark-my-drive-as-dirty/3d1fb200-ca23-4142-ab89-0c3033d124bb
  4. I can't mark my drive as dirty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't mark my drive as dirty: Hi i can't mark my drive as dirtythanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-mark-my-drive-as-dirty/3d1fb200-ca23-4142-ab89-0c3033d124bb
  5. Drive is marked as dirty after each reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive is marked as dirty after each reboot: Hi,after the installation of 22H2 last week my drive C: constantly marks as dirty, with the permanent check every startup. Disk is Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB and it is absolutely good.What can cause that odd behavior?...
  6. Drive is marked as dirty after each reboot

Drive is marked as dirty after each reboot: Hi,after the installation of 22H2 last week my drive C: constantly marks as dirty, with the permanent check every startup. Disk is Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB and it is absolutely good.What can cause that odd behavior?...
  7. Why has my main drive been marked dirty for no reason?

Why has my main drive been marked dirty for no reason?: My C:/ drive was set dirty for no reasonNone of my other drives are dirty.Should i acept the autochk chkdisk or do nothingScrenshot of the dirty query command for all my drives...
  8. Drive is marked as dirty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive is marked as dirty: About a week ago, my computer started giving me a message "Disk checking, press any key to skip" before booting into windows. If I skipped, windows would boot normally and work fine. If I didn't skip, it would say "Scanning and repairing C: x%" and boot into windows normally....
  9. Marking disk a dirty.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Marking disk a dirty.: I know that you can use Fsutil to mark a volume as dirty. This in turn has the autochk run on the selected volume. But I was wondering if there was a way to mark the whole drive for chkdsk during the next reboot. Oh, this has to be done via cmd and one line commands. We use a...
  10. Marking disk a dirty.

in Windows 10 Support
    Marking disk a dirty.: I know that you can use Fsutil to mark a volume as dirty. This in turn has the autochk run on the selected volume. But I was wondering if there was a way to mark the whole drive for chkdsk during the next reboot. Oh, this has to be done via cmd and one line commands. We use a...