Windows 10: I can't maximize a program from taskbar.

Discus and support I can't maximize a program from taskbar. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can't open a program on my taskbar in Windows 10, please help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShirleyKraft, May 8, 2019.

1. I can't maximize a program from taskbar.

Can't open a program on my taskbar in Windows 10, please help!

:)

ShirleyKraft, May 8, 2019

2. Programs on taskbar won't maximize

I've had this problem with a few programs for a while now. A program will be open on my taskbar yet when I try to maximize the window nothing happens. It's happened with notepad, settings, and chrome to name a few. I have already deleted and reinstalled
    my graphic driver to no avail, and I can barely find any help online. Can anyone help?

ThomasK_37, May 8, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    One Window hides another window When it is maximized and when it is clicked on taskbar it never shows it runs on the back of maximized window and never display untill maximized window is minimized

Hi,

You might be experiencing this problem because the rendering layer priority of the maximized application is respected even when you switch focus to another program. Normally, when you maximize an application, it will hide or cover all other applications
    until you switch to a different program. To help us identify the cause of this behavior, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you only experience this issue with a particular program?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, you might also be experiencing this issue because Windows Explorer (Explorer.exe) is not working correctly or not responding.
    Windows Explorer is the process that provides the graphical interface such as the Start menu, taskbar, notification area, and File Explorer. To sort this issue, we suggest that you restart Windows Explorer. The easiest way is by restarting your computer.
    If you do not want to restart your computer, you can also follow the steps below:

• Hold Ctrl+Shift while right-clicking on an empty area of the taskbar.
    • On the modified context menu, select Exit Explorer. The Start menu and taskbar should disappear.
    • Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
    • Click More details on the bottom part of the window.
    • Click on the File menu, and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe, and click OK.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 8, 2019
  4. I can't maximize a program from taskbar.

TairikuOkami, May 8, 2019
Thema:

I can't maximize a program from taskbar.

1. I can't maximize a program from taskbar. - Similar Threads - can't maximize program

2. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  3. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  4. Hidden Taskbar not showing when a program is maximized Windows 11 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Taskbar not showing when a program is maximized Windows 11 21H2: I found another thread that states the same issue, and they also say that it's a recurring issue with different versions of windows:...
  5. taskbar / apps wont maximize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar / apps wont maximize: I have a new Windows 11 machine. Two apps, Edge and Word will not maximize, they only stay minimized in the task bar. I can open multiple instances of each, but the windows will never "launch" onto the main screen. Any suggestions?...
  6. taskbar / apps wont maximize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar / apps wont maximize: I have a new Windows 11 machine. Two apps, Edge and Word will not maximize, they only stay minimized in the task bar. I can open multiple instances of each, but the windows will never "launch" onto the main screen. Any suggestions?...
  7. Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar: I have been round and round with Microsoft. Whenever I plug in a second monitor my programs will not maximize. They are open on the taskbar, but I cannot open them to full size. Yes my computer is updated, spent all day today installing updates. Does anyone know what the...
  8. Can't pin program to taskbar

Can't pin program to taskbar: I can not pin anything to my taskbar. I've tried from Start, from open program and from icon on the taskbar when program is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-pin-program-to-taskbar/82ea8105-391c-4b9d-bd1d-156e5a3e0a3c
  9. I can't maximize windows

I can't maximize windows: u know when u drag a window up, it is maximized. That is currently not happening and idk exactly why :/ some config... maybe?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-maximize-windows/ec6ef15f-e9a1-41b2-826e-4c9692e1f9b4
  10. taskbar and maximizing windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar and maximizing windows: I'm experiencing an issue where sometimes you will click on the program icon on the taskbar of an open program or folder, yet the program or file explorer won't maximize. If i click the ALT key after I try, the window pops up. It's almost like the file is stuck in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook will not maximize from taskbar windows 10

2. program cant maximize

3. how to maximize a program from the taskbar