Windows 10: I can't maximize windows

Discus and support I can't maximize windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; u know when u drag a window up, it is maximized. That is currently not happening and idk exactly why :/ some config... maybe?[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nicoidk, Mar 29, 2020.

1. nicoidk Win User

I can't maximize windows

u know when u drag a window up, it is maximized. That is currently not happening and idk exactly why :/

some config... maybe?I can't maximize windows [​IMG]

:)

nicoidk, Mar 29, 2020

2. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 29, 2020
  3. How to remove PC SPEED MAXIMIZER ?

Follow the instructions here.
    Remove PC Speed Maximizer (Removal Guide)

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or cannot be removed there, skip to the next step. HitmanPro may not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Mar 29, 2020
  4. I can't maximize windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

I can't maximize windows

1. I can't maximize windows - Similar Threads - can't maximize

2. Can't maximize apps on monitor #2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't maximize apps on monitor #2: I have 2 monitors, both of which worked fine on Win 10. I moved to a different PC and Win 11. The new computer has both a Display Port DP and HDMI port. Both monitors are HDMI, so I purchased a DP to HDMI adapter.I’m unable to maximize any app on monitor #2. The maximized...
  3. Can't maximize apps on monitor #2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't maximize apps on monitor #2: I have 2 monitors, both of which worked fine on Win 10. I moved to a different PC and Win 11. The new computer has both a Display Port DP and HDMI port. Both monitors are HDMI, so I purchased a DP to HDMI adapter.I’m unable to maximize any app on monitor #2. The maximized...
  4. Can't resize/maximize window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't resize/maximize window: Hey there. I wanted to make a game GTA IV run in windowed mode the game runs in fullscreen mode and there is no option within the game's settings to change the mode as I often switch between windows. I added the line "-windowed" without quotations to a command line file...
  5. Can't resize/maximize window

Can't resize/maximize window: Hey there. I wanted to make a game GTA IV run in windowed mode the game runs in fullscreen mode and there is no option within the game's settings to change the mode as I often switch between windows. I added the line "-windowed" without quotations to a command line file...
  6. Can't resize/maximize window

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't resize/maximize window

8. Can't use minimize or maximize buttons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't use minimize or maximize buttons.: I can't seem to minimize or maximize my panels. I've tried getting out of tablet mode....this didn't work, I tried going to task manager and deleting it....nope. I've got all the latest upgrades....still nothing. Nothing seems to work. I've got a nice desktop pc, running...
  9. I can't maximize a program from taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't maximize a program from taskbar.: Can't open a program on my taskbar in Windows 10, please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-maximize-a-program-from-taskbar/c691eee6-c80a-4525-8f1b-a46322dd720a
  10. Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize

Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize: A few days ago, the windows for my apps stopped allowing me to resize them. I can minimize or maximize the windows, but nothing in between. 21014