Windows 10: I can't move cursor while pressing a key

Discus and support I can't move cursor while pressing a key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.0. I have tried reinstalling Synaptics, removing and uninstalling Synaptics, disabling palmcheck, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by duhasian, Jul 30, 2015.

1. duhasian Win User

I can't move cursor while pressing a key

I recently upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.0. I have tried reinstalling Synaptics, removing and uninstalling Synaptics, disabling palmcheck, but it wouldn't work. It's annoying when you are playing a game that requires moving while pressing keys on your keyboard. I also have Synaptics 7.5 (19.0.10). The only way I can move my mouse while pressing any key is pressing (any key) + shift. Any ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

:)

duhasian, Jul 30, 2015

2. Cursor can't move while holding a Key

I have a Dell Laptop with a Dell Touchpad and when i hold a Key and when i try to move my cursor it moves a little or immediately does not move, this is very annoying when i am playing games. Can you guys help me?

AlienMan33, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Cursor can't move while holding a Key

Hi,

Kindly follow these steps to change the mouse settings, Let me know if that don't work for you.

1. Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.

2. Click on Mouse and click Settings, then 'Mouse' with the mouse icon.

3. Click Device Options and click on Settings.

4. Expand the 'Pointing' category.

5. Click PalmCheck, then the little gear icon next to it.

6. Put the slider to Minimum or Off.

Ref:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Jul 30, 2015
  4. I can't move cursor while pressing a key

I have the same issue, palmcheck is disabled and I've searched for other things but can't find any, halp!

Sasukerules8744, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Simply rollback your touchpad drivers to a version where this issue isn't a thing. That's what I did with synaptics, I had to update it to upgrade to windows 10, a few hours ago I finally figured it out, because I was tired of playing games the way I did, JUST ROLLBACK the tocuh-pad driver. I was probably as annoyed as you were, but then it became simple, THIS WASN'T an ISSUE until I INSTALLED THE LATEST touchpad driver xD. Hope this helps anyone else who has this problem.

Sasukerules8744, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I can't move cursor while pressing a key

1. I can't move cursor while pressing a key - Similar Threads - can't move cursor

2. Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?: I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I am trying to play some games that require me to press keys while moving/clicking the touch pad but my cursor won't move when I press a key. I have gone into settings and control panel trying to fix this myself from research but I can't find the...
  3. Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?: I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I am trying to play some games that require me to press keys while moving/clicking the touch pad but my cursor won't move when I press a key. I have gone into settings and control panel trying to fix this myself from research but I can't find the...
  4. Can't click while pressing a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't click while pressing a key: Alot of people already had this problem but they didnt help, so this happened after i uninstalled my ps/2 compliant mouse to stop my touchpad jittering and i noticed this when i was playing a game and i thought it was the game acting up but then i tested if its really a...
  5. Cursor wont move when I press a key on my keyboard.

Cursor wont move when I press a key on my keyboard.: My mouse cursor wont move when I press a key, I noticed this after creating a new Profile on my Laptop and tried to play a game but couldn't move and use my mouse at the same time...
  6. Cursor freezes, not works without pressing a key. Cursor moving automatically at the end of...

Cursor freezes, not works without pressing a key. Cursor moving automatically at the end of...: My dell inspiron 15 cursor freezes randomly and without pressing a key it doesn't move. When I am writing on wordpad or MS Word, it automatically jumps at the end of the page, I cannot type properly because it randomly moves. My keyboard is working fine. When my laptop is...
  7. Can't move Touchpad while I am pressing a key in Windows 10

Can't move Touchpad while I am pressing a key in Windows 10: Hello! I've been having a trouble while I try to play video games since I got my laptop, I can't use my Touchpad while I am pressing a key. I've tried for hours to figure it out and used the solutions in here from 2015-2016, but it seems I don't have the same settings and...
  8. cursor not moving when key is pressed

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor not moving when key is pressed: I have a windows 10 pro, and a synaptics touchpad V1.3 on smb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving-when-key-is-pressed/62551264-ba48-478f-acb8-d4db9290fb89
  9. My cursor will not move while hold down a key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My cursor will not move while hold down a key.: My cursor will not move if I press down any key except the space bar it is really hard to do loads of stuff since it will not move once I press a key does anyone know how to fix?...
  10. I can't move my cursor while I'm typing.

I can't move my cursor while I'm typing.: I can't move my cursor while I'm typing. I game on my windows 10 laptop and it is annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-move-my-cursor-while-im-typing/77e37b66-27a9-439b-94bb-58f5c99bc6bc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change cursor not moving while pressing a key

2. windows 10 cant move cursor when pressing keys

3. how to move the cursor by holding down a key

4. on windows laptop how to make pointer move while pressing key,
  5. cant move mouse pointer,
  6. how to move your mouse around while pressing the left click,
  7. cannot move cursor while holding key,
  8. how to move touchpad while pressing key,
  9. windows cant move things with cursor,
  10. cant move cursor while holding keys,
  11. windows 10 cant move touchpad while pressing keyboard button,