Windows 10: I can't move icons on the taskbar and I can't move links on or off the bookmarks bar

Discus and support I can't move icons on the taskbar and I can't move links on or off the bookmarks bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got a Lenovo Ideapad Flex laptop, and I'm having trouble with both my taskbar and my bookmarks bar. I can't move an icon on the taskbar to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RogerBlair1, Jul 23, 2020.

1. I can't move icons on the taskbar and I can't move links on or off the bookmarks bar

I just got a Lenovo Ideapad Flex laptop, and I'm having trouble with both my taskbar and my bookmarks bar. I can't move an icon on the taskbar to another position "click and drag" doesn't seem to work on a touchscreen, and my touchpad isn't working. Also, I can't move links on and off my bookmarks bar. The settings, as far as I can tell, are correct, so what do I have to do to move things around on this machine? I had no problems on my last machine, a Dell.

:)

RogerBlair1, Jul 23, 2020

2. I can't move icons on the taskbar and I can't move links on or off the bookmarks bar

I just got a Lenovo Ideapad Flex laptop, and I'm having trouble with both my taskbar and my bookmarks bar. I can't move an icon on the taskbar to another position ("click and drag" doesn't seem to work on a touchscreen, and my touchpad isn't working).
    Also, I can't move links on and off my bookmarks bar. The settings, as far as I can tell, are correct, so what do I have to do to move things around on this machine? (I had no problems on my last machine, a Dell.)

RogerBlair1, Jul 31, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 31, 2020
  4. I can't move icons on the taskbar and I can't move links on or off the bookmarks bar

Taskbar icons won’t move

I can't move icons in the browser and on the taskbar.
    I've to reboot PC to temporarily fix the problem

Kelle90Johansen, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

I can't move icons on the taskbar and I can't move links on or off the bookmarks bar

1. I can't move icons on the taskbar and I can't move links on or off the bookmarks bar - Similar Threads - can't move icons

2. Can't move the taskbar icons to center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move the taskbar icons to center: I am trying to move my taskbar icons back to the center they are currently on the left. The taskbar is unlocked, I have right clicked on the task bar and opened the settings but I do not have an option anymore for the taskbar alignment....
  3. Can't move the taskbar icons to center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move the taskbar icons to center: I am trying to move my taskbar icons back to the center they are currently on the left. The taskbar is unlocked, I have right clicked on the task bar and opened the settings but I do not have an option anymore for the taskbar alignment....
  4. Can't move the taskbar icons to center

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The volume bar moves by itself and I can't move the scroll bar. Windows 10

The volume bar moves by itself and I can't move the scroll bar. Windows 10: Hello,When opening the volume icon from the taskbar it increases by itself to the maximum, I also have problems when trying to move the side scroll bar when navigating, with the mouse wheel it works correctly.Best regards,...
  6. Can't Move TaskBar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Move TaskBar?: Dear MS,I have heard that in Win 11 users cannot fully customize the desktop. More specifically, users are not permitted to move the taskbar. If I can't do this image, I will not move to Win 11. I have seen this as being a noted and repeated complaint on multiple forums. If...
  7. Can't Move TaskBar?

Can't Move TaskBar?: Dear MS,I have heard that in Win 11 users cannot fully customize the desktop. More specifically, users are not permitted to move the taskbar. If I can't do this image, I will not move to Win 11. I have seen this as being a noted and repeated complaint on multiple forums. If...
  8. Issue with taskbar - icons can't be moved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with taskbar - icons can't be moved: I have an issue where I can't click and drag to reorder icons on my taskbar. The taskbar is not locked. I can reorder icons on the system tray - but the task bar icons won't budge. I have tried logging in and out of my account, restarting, moving the task bar around, adding...
  9. Can't move desktop icons off-screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move desktop icons off-screen: Before this latest update, I used to use all 4 sides of my screen. I used to keep half of each desktop icon out of screen. Now when I try to move an icon a little bit out of screen Windows just won't let me. How do I fix this? I tried changing the regedit entry...
  10. Can't move icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move icons: When I try to move icons on my desktop, they usually snap back to their original positions. I can, however, move them into folders on the desktop. What's the fix? 99264