Windows 10: I cant move Minecraft Windows 10 to a different computer

Discus and support I cant move Minecraft Windows 10 to a different computer in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I got a copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition free with my purchase of Minecraft and I installed it on a computer I no longer have access to. I got the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by himekinq, Jun 10, 2019.

1. himekinq Win User

I cant move Minecraft Windows 10 to a different computer

I got a copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition free with my purchase of Minecraft and I installed it on a computer I no longer have access to. I got the game through a code, so it was redeemed on the other computer as well. Now I want to install Windows 10 Edition on my new computer but the microsoft store says I need to buy the game, even though I should already own it. How can I transfer my copy to my new computer?

:)

himekinq, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. I cant move Minecraft Windows 10 to a different computer - Similar Threads - cant move Minecraft

2. How can I move the Minecraft windows 10 .exe file to a different location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move the Minecraft windows 10 .exe file to a different location?: I have found out that the .exe file is in the windows apps folder but I want to move it so I can add it to steam to stream. Steam does not recognize the path because the folder is blocking anything from viewing it. I think this is ok as long as Microsoft does not put files...
  3. How can I move the Minecraft windows 10 .exe file to a different location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I move the Minecraft windows 10 .exe file to a different location?: I have found out that the .exe file is in the windows apps folder but I want to move it so I can add it to steam to stream. Steam does not recognize the path because the folder is blocking anything from viewing it. I think this is ok as long as Microsoft does not put files...
  4. How can I move the Minecraft windows 10 .exe file to a different location?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. I can't move Minecraft Windows 10 to a different computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't move Minecraft Windows 10 to a different computer: 'I got a copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition free with my purchase of Minecraft and I installed it on a computer I no longer have access to. I got the game through a code, so it was redeemed on the other computer as well. Now I want to install Windows 10 Edition on my new...
  6. I cant reInstall Minecraft windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant reInstall Minecraft windows 10: I had that app for a good while and it was working just fine. But yesterday I wanted to play with my friend, but I didnt have an update 1.16.100 . After searching a bit online, I found someone saying to reinstall minecraft, so I uninstalled it, and now I have a big problem...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 re-install on a different computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 re-install on a different computer.: I installed Minecraft for windows 10 on my computer, for my daughter. She now has her own computer, so how do I remove Minecraft from my computer, and then install it on my daughters computer, please?...
  8. I cant download minecraft for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant download minecraft for windows 10: I had minecraft windows 10 on my old computer. how do i get it on my new one without buying it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-minecraft-for-windows-10/7998e2a1-59b6-4f47-8a06-0e127d9f546f
  9. Moving full retail version of Windows 10 to different computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving full retail version of Windows 10 to different computer: 1. I bought a full retail boxed version of Windows 10 Home on USB stick. 2. I installed it onto my Macbook using Parallels software. 3. I now have a new Macbook that can run Windows 10 with Bootcamp, no need for Parallels. 4. How do i deactivate the Windows app on old...
  10. Moving installed Win 10 to different computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving installed Win 10 to different computer?: I have two computers that both got free upgrades from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro. Would it work to swap the hard drive from one to the other, then update drivers as needed? I've done that countless times with Windows 3.0 through XP. Haven't tried it with Vista and later. People...