Windows 10: I can't move my apps in the desktop

Discus and support I can't move my apps in the desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to move it, it just shows ----- a cross sign,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JariDecano, Apr 26, 2019.

1. I can't move my apps in the desktop

When I try to move it, it just shows ----- a cross sign,

- -

- / -

- / -

- / -

- / -

- / -

- -

-----

It's maybe a software i download called fences

i cant move it please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

JariDecano, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 26, 2019
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

I can't move my apps in the desktop

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. I can't move my apps in the desktop :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

I can't move my apps in the desktop

1. I can't move my apps in the desktop - Similar Threads - can't move apps

2. Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.: I'm appreciated if somebody can help me to fix the problem. Sometimes after using my laptop for a while, I can't move or click open the icons on my desktop, except the very left two columns. When I tried to drag icons from the left two columns to the right part of the screen,...
  3. Why can't I move apps to my desktop?

Why can't I move apps to my desktop?: I have some apps pinned to my taskbar that I would like to have on my desktop. why is it not an option to do so? it wont let me drag it, it wont come up as an option when I right click it, it wont let me from the start menu, and when I try it from my file explorer I don't...
  4. Why can't I move apps to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I move apps to my desktop?: I have some apps pinned to my taskbar that I would like to have on my desktop. why is it not an option to do so? it wont let me drag it, it wont come up as an option when I right click it, it wont let me from the start menu, and when I try it from my file explorer I don't...
  5. Why can't I move apps to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. I can't move my apps onto my actual homescreen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't move my apps onto my actual homescreen.: I've just gotten this new Lenovo computer, but when I download apps, they don't show up on my homescreen, I can only see and open them when I click on the 'apps menu' or the taskbar. They also don't drag and drop from the taskbar. I'm really confused on how to move the apps...
  7. I can't move my apps onto my actual homescreen.

I can't move my apps onto my actual homescreen.: I've just gotten this new Lenovo computer, but when I download apps, they don't show up on my homescreen, I can only see and open them when I click on the 'apps menu' or the taskbar. They also don't drag and drop from the taskbar. I'm really confused on how to move the apps...
  8. I can't see my desktop apps

I can't see my desktop apps: I can't show my start up desktop apps. what's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-desktop-apps/3600227f-08c0-4e21-b495-7d4c58752e0a
  9. Moving apps to desktop

Moving apps to desktop: I am trying to move some apps to my desktop to save some clicks. Why was this simple convenience determined irrelevant by the Windows 10 team? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-apps-to-desktop/2e89c2e9-7cb4-4748-8429-1da52289fc68
  10. Can't move shortcuts on desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move shortcuts on desktop...: After I install an application and it creates a shortcut on the desktop, I can't move the shortcut to another position. When I try to move it, I get a small slashed circle. What's up with that? 18020

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do I move pinned apps on the desktop

2. how to relocate apps on windows

3. how do you move apps on your desktop in windows 10

4. how do i move apps to my desktop on my laptop,
  5. how to move apps on a laptop,
  6. can not move apps on desktop,
  7. how do I move apps on desktop