Windows 10: I can't move my cursor, but I can left click and right click.

Discus and support I can't move my cursor, but I can left click and right click. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I got a Glorious Model O from PCGamingRace about 2-3 weeks ago, and everything worked fine until today. I was playing and suddenly, my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zorkful, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Zorkful Win User

I can't move my cursor, but I can left click and right click.

Hello!

I got a Glorious Model O from PCGamingRace about 2-3 weeks ago, and everything worked fine until today. I was playing and suddenly, my mouse disconnected, the RGB lights went off, and I heard the Windows sound that plays when you unplug a USB device from your computer.
    I tried following some possible solutions, some of which included opening up Device Manager, uninstalling the driver for the mouse, rebooting, and letting Windows reinstall the drivers automatically, but to no avail.

I know this isn't a port problem because, I can click with the mouse, but not actually move it around.

This is so weird and I don't have any current fixes as of now, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

If I find a solution, I will let you know in case there might be other people with the same issue.

:)

Zorkful, Aug 6, 2020

2. Mouse right click is intermittent; what should I check?

Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem with my Razer Copperhead mouse. Holding down the right mouse button no longer sends a constant hold-click to my PC; instead it repeats an endless cycle of click and release, like the "turbo" buttons on old console controllers. Still, the mouse makes only one audible click, initially, when holding down the button. This problem manifests itself in shooter games (where holding right click usually looks down the scope) as the gun constantly zooming in and out. This only occurs with the right mouse button, not the left. I'm right handed, so it's weird that the left mouse button gets more wear than the right but it still works fine.

I initially thought this was an issue with the mouse being dirty, so I disassembled the mouse and cleaned everything inside and out, and this didn't fix the issue. I would like suggestions on how I can fix the mouse or if replacing it is the only option.

Thanks in advance.

The Von Matrices, Aug 6, 2020
  3. i can move the cursor but can't click on anything win 10

i can move the cursor but can't click on anything after i quit a game how do i fix it?

davidmikushNepton, Aug 6, 2020
  4. TheGlow Win User

Left and right click drag, 1 sec delay for action

I had this issue and ended up reinstalling Win10 last week so not sure what the trigger is.
    If I left click or right click and drag anything, the icon doesnt respond for 1 sec.
    The mouse cursor moves fine, no lag.
    Example, I left click and drag a desktop folder a few spots over and release. the mouse cursor clicks on the folder, the cursor moves over. and about 1 second from when I left clicked, the folder will appear where I released it.
    If I left click the folder, drag it over, but hold left click, then the folder will appear under the cursor and I can move it around like normal.
    If I right click and drag a folder and release it takes about 1 sec for the context menu to show up.
    Just right clicking brings up the context menu instantly.
    This isnt restricted to the desktop. This is any icon, in any folder. Drag/drop to same folder, different folders or even across drives, it makes no difference.

TheGlow, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't move my cursor, but I can left click and right click. - Similar Threads - can't move cursor

2. holding right click and move thinks im holding left click and move

in Windows 10 Gaming
    holding right click and move thinks im holding left click and move: so im using a windows 11 home laptop with a trackpad, and in most games, when you hold right click and move the camera moves freely. but my trackpad dosent do that and it thinks im holding left click and not right click. i need help because this makes it very hard to use...
  3. holding right click and move thinks im holding left click and move

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    holding right click and move thinks im holding left click and move: so im using a windows 11 home laptop with a trackpad, and in most games, when you hold right click and move the camera moves freely. but my trackpad dosent do that and it thinks im holding left click and not right click. i need help because this makes it very hard to use...
  4. Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works: so i was doing something, suddenly I try to move my mouse The cursor wasent moving, i swear i haven't done anything to my mouse, I try on my mom mouse and it works please anyone help me i cant use my mom mouse because she need to use it, I try everything it still not working...
  5. Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works: so i was doing something, suddenly I try to move my mouse The cursor wasent moving, i swear i haven't done anything to my mouse, I try on my mom mouse and it works please anyone help me i cant use my mom mouse because she need to use it, I try everything it still not working...
  6. Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My right click sometimes left clicks.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My right click sometimes left clicks.: On occasions my right click will left click. It wont do that on another mouse. The driver is updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-right-click-sometimes-left-clicks/f541c2ed-8ac1-47e4-8d60-6b4f9a24ae1b
  8. I can't click left an right on the touchpad

I can't click left an right on the touchpad: I got a new laptop but I can't shoot while I am aiming in the game because it doesn't let me click both left and right at the same time is there any way to fix this?...
  9. Cursor can move, but not click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor can move, but not click: My pc froze up and I couldn't interact with anything, so I hit the power button. It loaded a while and then started "Scanning and repairing drive C:" with no percentage next to it. It didn't even take a minute and then it seemed to boot normally. I could click things...
  10. Left/right-click does not register until I move the cursor and try another click.

Left/right-click does not register until I move the cursor and try another click.: As an example: I alt-tab from one window to another, while keeping the pointer in the same position. Left/Right clicking does not register until I move the cursor in any direction and then clicking again. This is not limited to alt-tabbing into a new window. Similar behavior...