Windows 10: I can't move nor extract .exe files

Discus and support I can't move nor extract .exe files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm unable to move .exe files from a .zip into other location as they don't get moved. If i do it from the administrator account they get moved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Norekien, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Norekien Win User

I can't move nor extract .exe files

I'm unable to move .exe files from a .zip into other location as they don't get moved.

If i do it from the administrator account they get moved without any issue and stay on my other account, i have tried to enable admin privileges on my account but it seems like i did something wrong.

:)

Norekien, Jan 26, 2021
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jan 26, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    How can i extract a bios file from an Asus .exe file ??

Well after extracting the exe it contains a bunch of dlls a cfg and few sys files, as far at the main update its a exe within a exe, no rom files, exist. If ya want a rom file for it, you'll have to flash your card and then back it up with gpu-z.

FYI Winrar can extract archived exe files.

thraxed, Jan 26, 2021
  4. I can't move nor extract .exe files

Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

I can't move nor extract .exe files

1. I can't move nor extract .exe files - Similar Threads - can't move nor

2. Can't Extract Zip Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Extract Zip Files: Hi, My .zip files can't be extracted. It seems like I can open the zip files and see what is in the folder but for some reason I can't open the documents or files.I've tried restarting the computer and it didn't help....
  3. I can't extract a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't extract a file: I recently made a logo on shopify and they sent me a file, when I tried to extract it it shows this message: "before you extract files you must copy files to this compressed folder" how can I solve this?...
  4. I can't extract a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't extract a file: I recently made a logo on shopify and they sent me a file, when I tried to extract it it shows this message: "before you extract files you must copy files to this compressed folder" how can I solve this?...
  5. moving/extract the zip files with original order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving/extract the zip files with original order: The picture shows here that the the extracted file don't have option like "sort by" to set it at orignal order, it is only automatically alphabetically, these images are pages, so it's need to be ordered, how can I do that to other folder? because i will convert it at once on...
  6. moving/extract the zip files with original order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    moving/extract the zip files with original order: The picture shows here that the the extracted file don't have option like "sort by" to set it at orignal order, it is only automatically alphabetically, these images are pages, so it's need to be ordered, how can I do that to other folder? because i will convert it at once on...
  7. Problem with self-extracting .exe files and program installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with self-extracting .exe files and program installation: After resetting my PC I have encountered some problems which do not allow me to install several programs: I am not able to install my Brother printers' drivers - installation ends with a message "Failed to decompress the archive". A similar message appears when I tried to...
  8. I can't open Exe files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't open Exe files?: [ATTACH] Hello, Unfortunately I cannot open any exe daiten anymore ... can anyone help me? I hand already tried everything ... Ich kann keine Exe Dateien öffnen?
  9. I can't delete/move a files and/or .exe files even though I am an admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete/move a files and/or .exe files even though I am an admin: I like to download/install files and .exe files to mod games. I'm safe with what and where I download files and from whom I download them. However, *for some files*, whenever I want to delete or move a file, I get a message saying I don't have permission and I need admin...
  10. I can't run .exe files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't run .exe files.: Hi there! Recently, I was not able to run .exe files. For some reason, windows defender found svchost.exe as a virus, so I deleted it. This instantly closed all exe files I had running and closed task manager (which I cannot open anymore). I am very worried as there are many...