Windows 10: I can’t move or rename folders and can’t install some programs. Please help!

Discus and support I can’t move or rename folders and can’t install some programs. Please help! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This started happening after i tried to move all my files to a different drive. Clearly i shouldn’t have done this or done it some other way. Ive tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JakeInsall, Mar 29, 2019.

1. I can’t move or rename folders and can’t install some programs. Please help!

This started happening after i tried to move all my files to a different drive. Clearly i shouldn’t have done this or done it some other way. Ive tried alot of youtube videos but non helped.

The error message i get when i try to rename a folder is “make sure you specify the correct path” followed by it saying “the file or folder does not exist.

:)

JakeInsall, Mar 29, 2019

2. Can't rename folder.

Thank you for following the steps. What we can try is using the Command Prompt to rename the folder. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type "command prompt".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter this command: cd /X: (X represents the drive where the folder is).
    • Copy and paste this command after entering the first one: icacls * /T /Q /C /RESET.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows

Dennis Mop, Mar 29, 2019
  3. WojtasRed Win User
    Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Mar 29, 2019
  4. I can’t move or rename folders and can’t install some programs. Please help!

files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

I can’t move or rename folders and can’t install some programs. Please help!

1. I can’t move or rename folders and can’t install some programs. Please help! - Similar Threads - can’t move rename

2. Please help! I can’t log in!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help! I can’t log in!: I had a troubleshoot message pop up and it told me to input the recovery key, which I did after logging into my Microsoft account. Now when I turn my laptop on, it comes up with guest or administrator but will not let put a password in. Instead it says ‘the specified domain...
  3. Please help! I can’t log in!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help! I can’t log in!: I had a troubleshoot message pop up and it told me to input the recovery key, which I did after logging into my Microsoft account. Now when I turn my laptop on, it comes up with guest or administrator but will not let put a password in. Instead it says ‘the specified domain...
  4. I can’t log into my windows please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t log into my windows please help: Every time I try to enter my pin on the welcome screen of my windows, it says “signing out” then restarts me back to the welcome screen, and makes me re do that whole process over, and over again....
  5. I can’t log into my windows please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t log into my windows please help: Every time I try to enter my pin on the welcome screen of my windows, it says “signing out” then restarts me back to the welcome screen, and makes me re do that whole process over, and over again....
  6. Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can’t be redirected

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can’t be redirected: [ATTACH]If you are trying to change the location of the default folders such as Documents, Pictures, Downloads, and receive an error, then this post will help you resolve the problem. The error message shows as Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same...
  7. Can’t install programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t install programs: I just purchased a new laptop. I believe it has microsoft windows 10 home on it. It is horrible. It wont let me install programs i need. It says that “the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation. Thing is, my account is the only account on the...
  8. I can’t install some of my programs and apps because of permission issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t install some of my programs and apps because of permission issues: I just reinstalled windows on my new ssd and i am using my hdd for my extra files and I was able to install everything until i tried to install Adobe XD. I keep on getting error code c191 and it has to do with permissions. I followed the guide on how to fix it and it didn’t...
  9. Please help!!! I can’t log in :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help!!! I can’t log in :(: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ryan-rudg3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dlnf2p/please_help_i_cant_log_in/
  10. I can’t exit out of this please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t exit out of this please help: I’m stuck on a blue screen called “Do more with your voice” & I can’t exit out of it please help [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-exit-out-of-this-please-help/6a562364-2f78-43b4-91dd-59c727e45789