Windows 10: I can’t move the Microsoft game folder to my flash drive even though I have made myself the...

Discus and support I can’t move the Microsoft game folder to my flash drive even though I have made myself the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don’t have wifi at my house. Therefore, I download things onto my laptop at places with wifi and then transfer it to a flash drive. Then I transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Erik_______, Dec 10, 2018.

1. I can’t move the Microsoft game folder to my flash drive even though I have made myself the...

I don’t have wifi at my house. Therefore, I download things onto my laptop at places with wifi and then transfer it to a flash drive. Then I transfer it to my desktop. I recently bought a game (Sea of Thieves) and downloaded it onto my laptop. However, I cannot seem to be able to transfer it to my flash drive. The error “You have been denied permission to access this folder” appeared. I read an article that said to make yourself the owner. So, I made the administrators the owner. Now it said “You require permission from administrators to make changes to this file. Then, following another article, I made my user account the owner. But now, it said “You require permission from (my user) to make changes to this file. Then, I made the owner everyone. Yet, it still had the error. This time it said “You require permission from everyone to make changes to this file.” How is it that I can get this game folder from my laptop to my desktop computer?

:)

Erik_______, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Game on a flash drive?

in a way a flash drive is a just a mini SSD drive but a lot slower, it should work fine with the game but i wouldent recomend it for other games that need lots of power and speed.

how big is the flash drive and how is it formated and how big is the game after its usualy installed.

i've never tryed it but this might work.

format the flash drive in NTFS / default allocation size.
    Create a folder called Programs.
    insert the cd and start the install process and when asked where you want to install the game choose the flash drive and the program folder and see if that works.

animal007uk, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

I can’t move the Microsoft game folder to my flash drive even though I have made myself the...

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

I can’t move the Microsoft game folder to my flash drive even though I have made myself the...

1. I can’t move the Microsoft game folder to my flash drive even though I have made myself the... - Similar Threads - can’t move Microsoft

2. Access denied to altering folder even though I have ALL permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied to altering folder even though I have ALL permissions: I am unable to create, delete, paste, or move anything to or involving the "skin_packs" folder. C: > Program Files > WindowsApps > Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.18.2.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe > data > skin_packs I am aware that the "WindowsApps" folder is restricted because tampering...
  3. Access denied to altering folder even though I have ALL permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied to altering folder even though I have ALL permissions: I am unable to create, delete, paste, or move anything to or involving the "skin_packs" folder. C: > Program Files > WindowsApps > Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.18.2.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe > data > skin_packs I am aware that the "WindowsApps" folder is restricted because tampering...
  4. Access denied to altering folder even though I have ALL permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant download xbox game pass games even though i have game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download xbox game pass games even though i have game pass: I am aware that this question has been asked a lot but none are helping. I bought the game pass ultimate for my PC about a week ago the £1 for 3 months deal and yet when I try to get a game it still doesn't work. I can still play the games I already have with game pass but...
  6. I don't have permission to move files even though im the admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't have permission to move files even though im the admin: It started happening around when I changed my computer account from local to microsoft account. I tried making me the owner of the folder which seems to work for other people but it did not work for me, and it actually seems like the more I try to solve the issue the less...
  7. I can't install a game even though I have a receipt for purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install a game even though I have a receipt for purchase: Hi guys, some time ago I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 while using a Windows 8, but have recently gotten a Windows 10 to play it. In Order History, I can find the receipt for purchase, but there is no key or install button. Even in going to the game's page, it prompts me...
  8. Can’t clone drive to SSD even though there’s enough space

Can’t clone drive to SSD even though there’s enough space: My boot drive is a 1tb hard drive and im trying to clone it onto my new SSD so that I can make the SSD my boot drive. My SSD is a 500gb SSD, the used space on my HDD is less than 500 gb tho, it’s actually 359 to be exact. But I keep getting the error message “incompatible...
  9. why are there 2 desktop folders even though I moved it in the D drive

why are there 2 desktop folders even though I moved it in the D drive: [ATTACH] recently, my C drive was running out of space so I decided to move all of the Desktop, Downloads, Videos etc.. folders to my D drive, it gave my a lot of space. Until recently I was downloading a program to my computer and suddenly my C drive is back to full (the...
  10. I can’t move the Microsoft game folder to my flash drive even though I have made myself the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t move the Microsoft game folder to my flash drive even though I have made myself the...: I don’t have wifi at my house. Therefore, I download things onto my laptop at places with wifi and then transfer it to a flash drive. Then I transfer it to my desktop. I recently bought a game (Sea of Thieves) and downloaded it onto my laptop. But sadly, unlike Steam games,...