Windows 10: I cant open a Folder

Discus and support I cant open a Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm unable to open a folder, I get the following message; "my docs is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable". I cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by agh55, Mar 5, 2020.

1. agh55 Win User

I cant open a Folder

Hi, I'm unable to open a folder, I get the following message;
    "my docs is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable".
    I cant delete the folder but yet I can rename. When I hover over the folder it shows empty, but when i look at properties it shows it has 7 sub-folders.
    I can open other folders and save documents

I'm not worried about saving the info as i have a back-up.
    The path is, C:\users\ Davy Edwards\Documents\my docs.
    I'm using Windows 10 version 1909

:)

agh55, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Mar 5, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Mar 5, 2020
  4. I cant open a Folder

Can't open folders on desktop

Hello David,

System file corruption is one of the possible causes of this issue. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to open folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article and follow the
    steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

I cant open a Folder

1. I cant open a Folder - Similar Threads - cant open Folder

2. Cant open the "LocalService" folder so I can remove the Ngc folder

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant open the "LocalService" folder so I can remove the Ngc folder: All of the sign in options are unavailable and the common solution is clearing the Ngc folder. However I cant access it. It doesn't give me any errors, It just doesn't react. I double click and nothing happens. When I open the properties, it says that there are no folders...
  3. Cant open folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant open folders: Hi, on my sons computer with Windows 10 there is problems opening any folders. I can open programs, but cant open any folders at all. Cant use serche bar in left corner. I dont eant to erase all and start over befor i can move the importent stuff. Thanks for any help...
  4. Cant open folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open folders: Hi, on my sons computer with Windows 10 there is problems opening any folders. I can open programs, but cant open any folders at all. Cant use serche bar in left corner. I dont eant to erase all and start over befor i can move the importent stuff. Thanks for any help...
  5. Cant open folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Old windows folder cant open

Old windows folder cant open: hello, i recently installed windows on a user's laptop and went to old windows folder after installing to get back user data. but the folders i was looking for are in a form of shortcut and cannot open and says "cant locate or the drive could have been moved or deleted. the...
  7. Cant Open any folder or Rename

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant Open any folder or Rename: I cant Open folders os Rename my computer still thinking when i click on folder and dont Open anyone know what is going? submitted by /u/-aceaM21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/junx23/cant_open_any_folder_or_rename/
  8. cant open folders please help

cant open folders please help: all my recent folders are OK and they are working but when i create a new folder it doesn't show up the yellow icon it show a white icon and when i double click it it asks me to choose a specified application to open it please anyone help. i looked it up and people say one of...
  9. i cant open the start and i cant open settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cant open the start and i cant open settings: i dont know what here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-the-start-and-i-cant-open-settings/720c6ef2-fb65-4368-b948-c1b32c487673
  10. FOLDER ON DESKTOP OPENS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE BUT I CANT OPEN IT

FOLDER ON DESKTOP OPENS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE BUT I CANT OPEN IT: I have an external hard drive that I have put on my desktop. I try to open it the folder goes to the bottom of the page and then when I try to open it there it won't let me. help...