Windows 10: I Can't Open any application type exe

Discus and support I Can't Open any application type exe in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally changed the file type of application.exe to srt.exe. I don't know how to change the type again. I can't open any application now even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RosiFarintika, Feb 3, 2019.

1. I Can't Open any application type exe

I accidentally changed the file type of application.exe to srt.exe. I don't know how to change the type again. I can't open any application now even including task manager, command prompt, and registry editor. Please help me.

:)

RosiFarintika, Feb 3, 2019

2. Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.

Hello,

When I launch my application Icon "PEB.exe", it starts extracting then it opens in a new window : "internet explorer downloads"
    I see now my PEB shortcut in a list in this internet explorer window. It is now .JAR and i can't open it

Normally the .EXE is supposed to start the installation... not to open internet explorer...

How to instal my program without going through internet exlporer ?

Tank you

Tom

Tomywho005, Feb 3, 2019
  4. I Can't Open any application type exe

can't open .exe files windows 10

Nothing happens after i I click on any .exe file

VijayNishad, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

I Can't Open any application type exe

1. I Can't Open any application type exe - Similar Threads - Can't Open application

2. How to block an application or EXE to open any URL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to block an application or EXE to open any URL: Hey,I am having an issue using a program. I cant show the name of that. But Whenever I close that program it sends an open link request to my default browser. I want to stop that from happening. Please give some idea of how to stop an app to send open link requests. If there...
  3. How to block an application or EXE to open any URL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block an application or EXE to open any URL: Hey,I am having an issue using a program. I cant show the name of that. But Whenever I close that program it sends an open link request to my default browser. I want to stop that from happening. Please give some idea of how to stop an app to send open link requests. If there...
  4. How to block an application or EXE to open any URL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I Can't open any .exe program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Can't open any .exe program: I had a virus called Win32/Neshta from my friend's USB, after using AVG Win32/Neshta remover it worked, but the effect is still going every time i open an .exe application, Windows shows "Open the file with.." and this is only for .exe files apparently i tried using the...
  6. I can't open Exe files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't open Exe files?: [ATTACH] Hello, Unfortunately I cannot open any exe daiten anymore ... can anyone help me? I hand already tried everything ... Ich kann keine Exe Dateien öffnen?
  7. I can't open any .exe all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open any .exe all of a sudden: When I attempt to open executable files they won't open and I get this error: C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned[app name].Ink Application not found, or I get: "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file" I tried editing the...
  8. Can't open any *.exe files or windows apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open any *.exe files or windows apps.: Open a file or app I get a System file error (-1073741819) I search and find to sfc /scannow, also did the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth. I did these scans and troubleshoot many times but it does not resolve the problem. Today I find Create Windows 10...
  9. Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB: Yup, you read that right. I really hate this since I need to install Windows (32-bit) via a thumb drive. Executive files inside the original hard drive does not affect this. All of the .exe files don't work (other type of files still work). But I can still access...
  10. I cant open any EXE files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant open any EXE files: Windows 10 laptop, When I got this I was able to open EXE files but now I'm not sure why it has not been working and it says "Windows cannot find 'Supposed File' . Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again" (Also I'm not very computer wise so, sorry)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open any exe

2. cant open any .exe

3. cannot open any .exe