Windows 10: I Can't open any .exe program

Discus and support I Can't open any .exe program in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a virus called Win32/Neshta from my friend's USB, after using AVG Win32/Neshta remover it worked, but the effect is still going every time i open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Evanskan, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Evanskan Win User

I Can't open any .exe program

I had a virus called Win32/Neshta from my friend's USB, after using AVG Win32/Neshta remover it worked, but the effect is still going every time i open an .exe application, Windows shows "Open the file with.." and this is only for .exe files apparently i tried using the register HKEY but it didn't work and i also used the command prompt still didn't work.
    So if anyone here has a good solution that would be appreciated.

:)

Evanskan, Jun 22, 2020

2. Program File (.exe) in windows 10

Hello,

We need more information so we can identify why you're unable to open .exe program files. Kindly answer the following questions:

• What happens when you try to open or run the file?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Which specific program are you trying to run or install?

Raymond Ave, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    How to open a .exe file

Hi,

An EXE file (also known as executable file) contains an executable program for Windows. EXE is short for "executable," and it is the standard file extension used by Windows programs.

For us to better assist you with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Were you getting an error when opening a .exe file?
    • Was it compressed (zipped)?

Usually, you can just double left-click the .exe file (if not compressed) to open it. However, if it's compressed, you need to install a 3rd party software to extract it.

We're looking looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 22, 2020
  4. I Can't open any .exe program

why does the file explorer closes everytime a folder with exe programs is opened. an error

Hi

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately it did not work.

The MS support walked thru similar steps, we even reinstalled, deleted the folder but with no resolution.

It is strange because this happens specifically on folders that have .exe programs. I can access other folders.

The programs within the directory are listed and about 20 seconds later it closes.

regards

Dorian

DorianDesouza Faria, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

I Can't open any .exe program

1. I Can't open any .exe program - Similar Threads - Can't open exe

2. i am unable to open almost any program especially .exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i am unable to open almost any program especially .exe: when i try to open downloaded programs i.e., driver updates for my printer etc., i constantly get a msg. from ' user account control, which states ' do you want this app to make changes to your device', but there is only a box that states no, there is no box stating yes,...
  3. I can't open Exe files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't open Exe files?: [ATTACH] Hello, Unfortunately I cannot open any exe daiten anymore ... can anyone help me? I hand already tried everything ... Ich kann keine Exe Dateien öffnen?
  4. Can't open any program as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open any program as administrator: I am tryning to run cmd, powershell, etc as administrator, but showing error "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.". I also can't intall any applications. What should I do now?...
  5. I can't open any .exe all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open any .exe all of a sudden: When I attempt to open executable files they won't open and I get this error: C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned[app name].Ink Application not found, or I get: "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file" I tried editing the...
  6. Can't open any *.exe files or windows apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open any *.exe files or windows apps.: Open a file or app I get a System file error (-1073741819) I search and find to sfc /scannow, also did the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth. I did these scans and troubleshoot many times but it does not resolve the problem. Today I find Create Windows 10...
  7. I can't open any program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open any program: Hi! My name is Beltrán. Today my laptop just got a windows update and, when I turned it on after finishing installing the update, it worked just fine. The problem appeared like 1 or 2 minutes later. I wanted to open Chrome but, when I pressed on the icon, it wouldn't open...
  8. Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB: Yup, you read that right. I really hate this since I need to install Windows (32-bit) via a thumb drive. Executive files inside the original hard drive does not affect this. All of the .exe files don't work (other type of files still work). But I can still access...
  9. I Can't Open any application type exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Can't Open any application type exe: I accidentally changed the file type of application.exe to srt.exe. I don't know how to change the type again. I can't open any application now even including task manager, command prompt, and registry editor. Please help me....
  10. I cant open any EXE files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant open any EXE files: Windows 10 laptop, When I got this I was able to open EXE files but now I'm not sure why it has not been working and it says "Windows cannot find 'Supposed File' . Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again" (Also I'm not very computer wise so, sorry)...