Windows 10: I cant open any files or pictures, neither can I open the camera app or Microsoft Store

Discus and support I cant open any files or pictures, neither can I open the camera app or Microsoft Store in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some reason I cant open any pictures or videos and when i try to the error message, "app didnt start" comes up. when i open file explorer the tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chuggachugs, Feb 17, 2021.

1. I cant open any files or pictures, neither can I open the camera app or Microsoft Store

For some reason I cant open any pictures or videos and when i try to the error message, "app didnt start" comes up. when i open file explorer the tab to open other files is also gone.

I cant open my camera app and Microsoft Store and when i open my computer, im immediately welcomed to the error message, "windows cannot access the specified device path or file. you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item", when i havent even opened anything.

I also cannot open my xbox gamebar or take screenshots.

Im not sure what is wrong or why this is happening.

sorry for the grammatical errors im just in a hurry to figure this out

:)

chuggachugs, Feb 17, 2021

2. What App to use to open a .mht file?

I downloaded the MHTViewer from the Windows Store but it won't open my Windows Steps Recorder files.

I would appreciate very much another suggestion that can view a .mht file that has pictures mixed with text.

EyeInTheSky, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can't open pictures

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting error when trying to open Pictures on your computer. I'll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the default application that is set to open pictures?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

It could be possible that the application set to open pictures is not working properly. If Photos app is set as the default application to open
    pictures, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

I cant open any files or pictures, neither can I open the camera app or Microsoft Store

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. I cant open any files or pictures, neither can I open the camera app or Microsoft Store :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

I cant open any files or pictures, neither can I open the camera app or Microsoft Store

1. I cant open any files or pictures, neither can I open the camera app or Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - cant open files

2. I cant open any microsoft store app .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open any microsoft store app .: When ever I try to open something in the store it tells :"Page could not be loaded . Please try again"Please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-microsoft-store-app/1958495f-e530-4998-b969-e6754e8d6e72
  3. I cant open any microsoft store app .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant open any microsoft store app .: When ever I try to open something in the store it tells :"Page could not be loaded . Please try again"Please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-microsoft-store-app/1958495f-e530-4998-b969-e6754e8d6e72
  4. I cant open microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open microsoft store: microsoft store doesn't open after reset it doesn't open please help me fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-microsoft-store/0fbe3d57-036b-414c-813b-92d13d19f6c4
  5. I cant open microsoft store

I cant open microsoft store: microsoft store doesn't open after reset it doesn't open please help me fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-microsoft-store/0fbe3d57-036b-414c-813b-92d13d19f6c4
  6. Microsoft store will not open and neither will any of the apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store will not open and neither will any of the apps: I have checked the previous guides on here and watched many videos, nothing works.I have updated windows.I have tried to reset the store in apps and it just continues with the loading circle and never resets or repairs. I have tried this: Press Windows key + XClick Windows...
  7. Microsoft store will not open and neither will any of the apps

Microsoft store will not open and neither will any of the apps: I have checked the previous guides on here and watched many videos, nothing works.I have updated windows.I have tried to reset the store in apps and it just continues with the loading circle and never resets or repairs. I have tried this: Press Windows key + XClick Windows...
  8. I cant open any of the microsoft store apps or windows 10 apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant open any of the microsoft store apps or windows 10 apps: It started about a week ago when i suddenly couldnt open my mail, i tried to reinstall it and once i removed the mail app i couldnt open my microsoft store anymore.Atm i cant open any of the windows apps and ive tried every thing i found online.Reinstalled windows a few...
  9. I can not open any microsoft app.

I can not open any microsoft app.: I can not open any app on windows 10.I always shows error " This app can't open". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-open-any-microsoft-app/67f7273c-7ae1-4f78-ad2e-4745353abb34
  10. can't open pictures with OEM microsoft photo app and cant open camera

can't open pictures with OEM microsoft photo app and cant open camera: everytime i click on the camera i get this message "Check the Windows Store for more info about Camera." everytime i try opening a picture i get this message "Check the Windows Store for more info about Basic Photo Viewer." once i close that error message i get another...