Windows 10: I can't open any of my files

Discus and support I can't open any of my files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I pulled up one of my folders on my desktop and tried opening one of my files and it brings up a code saying the file can't be found. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nicholedanforth1, Jan 3, 2021.

1. I can't open any of my files

I pulled up one of my folders on my desktop and tried opening one of my files and it brings up a code saying the file can't be found.

I have tried restarting my computer.

I tried clicking on a different file to see if it was just that one or more. All of my files microsoft word and pdf files will not open. They all come up with the same error message.

I checked for windows updates. There was an update that I needed to restart my computer for. I restarted my computer and checked to see if the update finished properly and it did. Still could not open any files.

I also clicked on the file explorer and clicked on This PC, windows C:, users, my user, desktop, and then i clicked on the folder and file i was trying to open and it didn't open that way either, it still comes up with the same error. this suggestion was given to me by my brother.

I'm not the greatest with computers and need detailed step by step directions when it comes to this kind of stuff. My husband and I run a business from home and i need to be able to open some of these files very soon.

:)

nicholedanforth1, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jan 3, 2021
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile I can't open any of my files :)

jaydeee, Jan 3, 2021
  4. I can't open any of my files

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

I can't open any of my files

1. I can't open any of my files - Similar Threads - can't open files

2. Why can't I open any of my files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I open any of my files?: I can't open any of my files on my computer. Each time i try and open something i get an error mess saying No such interface supported and just now i downloaded a picture of my computer screen with the error message on it and when i tried to open it to insert it to this...
  3. Why can't I open any of my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open any of my files?: I can't open any of my files on my computer. Each time i try and open something i get an error mess saying No such interface supported and just now i downloaded a picture of my computer screen with the error message on it and when i tried to open it to insert it to this...
  4. Can't open any files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open any files.: I'm having an issue opening files on my computer running Windows 10. I've done the latest cumulative update. What's happening is when I open File Explorer and go to the Downloads folder or any folder to open a file, nothing happens. Not even the usual cursor spin, nor does...
  5. Can't open any files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open any files.: I'm having an issue opening files on my computer running Windows 10. I've done the latest cumulative update. What's happening is when I open File Explorer and go to the Downloads folder or any folder to open a file, nothing happens. Not even the usual cursor spin, nor does...
  6. Can't open any files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't open any executable files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open any executable files: Hello,I was trying to open the .exe file generated from Visual Studio project, but nothing happened. I tried to edit the registry keys .exe and exefile to exefile and "%1" %* respectively. After now I can't open anything, even cmd, task manager, registry keys editor, only...
  8. I can't open any files on my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open any files on my computer.: I clicked the file explorer, sniping tool, My PC countless times and nothing opens. I restarted my computer and the same thing happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-files-on-my-computer/52e9b7a9-8e81-4898-8417-32f6031918bc
  9. Can't open any files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open any files: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to fix this ??? submitted by /u/MichaelBlacky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/icktdz/cant_open_any_files/
  10. I can't open any files on my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open any files on my computer.: Hi all, Turned on my computer this morning and suddenly I can't open any files. It doesn't matter if the files are in my downloads folder, on my desktop, or any other location. It also doesn't depend on the file format. I can't open anything. I've tried restarting but that...